Home General Discussion

A sincere "Thank You", C.COM

jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just a note to say a heart-felt Thank You to Alex and all the folks at Cigar.Com. Just when I begin to think all of the condolences and good wishes have been received, along comes a package from all these wonderful people who make our hobby so enjoyable.

At first I thought it might be the COTM package but it seemed a little early for that. So I opened it to find a CAO America sampler that I figured had to be a mistake because I hadn't ordered one. Looking a little further I found a small card in an envelope that said, simply, RIP Chase. It was time to break out the handkerchief again.

What a class act you are, Alex. You and the whole great crew you have behind you. I can't think of the proper words to thank all of you for this kindness. It's no wonder you have such a loyal following. Thank you. Very, very much.

Comments

• marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    Man, that made me get all fuzzy in the eye socket. A big reason on why I love this place, the people are what makes it so enjoyable. And for Alex and his crew to reach out like that makes it that much easier to love this place and Ccom in general. Bravo Zulu gents!
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Incredible. And what an appropriate set of sticks. ccom and Alex never cease to amaze.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    CCOM RULES!

... aint no more to it.

• bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Not to take away thanks to Alex and crew for anything because they all do a spectacular job, but it wasn't them this time. I saw that sampler and it looked too fitting to go in that new humi. Don't thank me either. Nobody deserves more thanks and appreciation than Chase and all the others who have made the ultimate sacrifice.
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Awesome. Absolutely first class in every way.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bbass2:
    Not to take away thanks to Alex and crew for anything because they all do a spectacular job, but it wasn't them this time. I saw that sampler and it looked too fitting to go in that new humi. Don't thank me either. Nobody deserves more thanks and appreciation than Chase and all the others who have made the ultimate sacrifice.

Oh, Wow, Ben. I'm sorry. Truly. I had no idea. There was no clue in the package other than that the portion of the invoice that shows the price had been cut away and I figured it had to be C.COM's doing. Talk about having egg on one's face - I really blew it!

And the appropriateness of it was beautiful. I hope you'll accept my apology.

I haven't broken the cellophane wrapper on the sampler. Probably won't for a while. For now, it'll stay right on top in the humi that SmokinDaddy sent me. Right where I can see it every time I open the humidor. It was an extremely symbolic choice and in spite of your wishes, my friend, I thank you.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Either way, what a great gesture from a great BOTL. Very classy Ben!!!
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    BigT06:
    Awesome. Absolutely first class in every way.

+1000! A most awesome show of brotherhood, my friend!
  • bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    jlmarta:

Oh, Wow, Ben. I'm sorry. Truly. I had no idea. There was no clue in the package other than that the portion of the invoice that shows the price had been cut away and I figured it had to be C.COM's doing. Talk about having egg on one's face - I really blew it!

I haven't broken the cellophane wrapper on the sampler. Probably won't for a while. For now, it'll stay right on top in the humi that SmokinDaddy sent me. Right where I can see it every time I open the humidor. It was an extremely symbolic choice and in spite of your wishes, my friend, I thank you.
    No apology necessary. I certainly was not offended and hope it didn't come across that way. I'm glad you found it as fitting as I did.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bbass2:
    jlmarta:

No apology necessary. I certainly was not offended and hope it didn't come across that way. I'm glad you found it as fitting as I did.

No, Sir, it didn't come across that way. I'm glad you corrected me, though. I can imagine Alex sitting there saying, "What the hell is Marty talking about". LOL
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    What a Class Act Cigar.Com is. They make it a pleasure to do business with. Really it's not business. It's trading currency for good will.
  • bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    bbass2:
    jlmarta:

WoW. Class act. One of the most awesome things I've seen in along time.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    The Sniper:
    BBASS RULES!

... aint no more to it.

Fixed it. :-) Extremely well done sir!

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    if there was ever any doubt that ccom rules it should all be erased now.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Spell Ccom= Class Act
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And this thread, my friends, is one of the reasons I like being part of this forum.
    Very nicely done.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • SmokindaddySmokindaddy Posts: 1,107
    So very happy for you Marty, you totally deserve it, and fantastic job bbass, very fitting selection of sticks. My favorite thing about this hobby is the class behind it and of the people involved.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    The Sniper:
    The Sniper:
    BBASS RULES!

... aint no more to it.

Fixed it. :-) Extremely well done sir!

+1
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, that is an incredibly thoughtful gesture.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *