Home Ratings & Reviews

Aged mowpa

catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
Anyone notice they get sweeter? It seems like the pepper subsides just a bit...not much, but I get a little sweeter note. Got a box from 3/11 and they definately are different then ROTT

Comments

• bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    Never noticed that.. send me 1 so I can agree with you. As long as is its a sweet potato taste I'm down
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    bigfnsteve:
    Never noticed that.. send me 1 so I can agree with you. As long as is its a sweet potato taste I'm down
    Will do....definately a slight difference IMO
  • amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    I agree, I had one a couple weeks ago with probably close to a year down time. It wasn't as spicy and a little sweeter than the first couple I had with a couple weeks rest.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    MOWPA with age is pretty fantastic. The rough edges smooth out considerably
  • bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    dennisking:
    MOWPA with age is pretty fantastic. The rough edges smooth out considerably
    Rough edges ?! Blasphemy Dennis!
    Hahahahaha lightning just struck me. For real though the retrohale is so much smoother after they age. But yeah they are awesome regardless
  • Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Anyone notice they get sweeter? It seems like the pepper subsides just a bit...not much, but I get a little sweeter note. Got a box from 3/11 and they definately are different then ROTT

I have noticed the same thing. I've had two that have had a year+ on them and the pepper was really missing and a sweet note was coming through for most of the stick. At first I thought I wouldn't like it as much since I really enjoy that pepper punch, but, that slight sweetness with the remaining pepper is great. I am hoping to pick up a box or two by mid July and I plan to age one of them (or half of one if I only get one) for over a year. A great BOTL (I still don't know who did it yet) bombed me with 5 sticks a few months back. I've made sure I kept one for long term aging. I've been wondering what they taste like with 2 years on them.

Rob
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bobbo2009:
    catfishbluezz:

I have noticed the same thing. I've had two that have had a year+ on them and the pepper was really missing and a sweet note was coming through for most of the stick. At first I thought I wouldn't like it as much since I really enjoy that pepper punch, but, that slight sweetness with the remaining pepper is great. I am hoping to pick up a box or two by mid July and I plan to age one of them (or half of one if I only get one) for over a year. A great BOTL (I still don't know who did it yet) bombed me with 5 sticks a few months back. I've made sure I kept one for long term aging. I've been wondering what they taste like with 2 years on them.

Rob
    I believe it was Mr. Karma if I remember right.........
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I can't keep them that long.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    I got the box Rick sent me. Takes a lot o willpower not to tear it open
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Direwolf:

That box had almost a year on it. It should have been a date on it....

RCY Cigars:
    Direwolf:

See now I'm gonna have to open it. And that like when you break $100 bill. Its gone before ya know it.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Direwolf:
    RCY Cigars:
    Direwolf:

See now I'm gonna have to open it. And that like when you break $100 bill. Its gone before ya know it.
    This is why both Joe and I bought 6 boxes each when they first came out. Now the 20 count is like an Aged MOWPA ATM, it keeps spitting out the sticks like $20.00s........
    bandyt09:
    Direwolf:
    RCY Cigars:
    Direwolf:

This is why both Joe and I bought 6 boxes each when they first came out. Now the 20 count is like an Aged MOWPA ATM, it keeps spitting out the sticks like $20.00s........
    And where were you to tell me this earlier?? Oh yeah, you were on top of the mountain wacking Zeus in the head with the 20 count.
    Ok I broke it open. Stick has changed for sure. Still has pepper but on the retrohale I get cocoa too. I loved this stick before and now it's even better
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    I actually have no idea why some of you guys think the MoW PA is harshstrong. Even with just two weeks rest, they are so delicious and cocoa-y. I have no idea how the MoW PAM could improve on it. I'll have to try a PAM eventually.
    allsmokedup:
    I actually have no idea why some of you guys think the MoW PA is harshstrong. Even with just two weeks rest, they are so delicious and cocoa-y. I have no idea how the MoW PAM could improve on it. I'll have to try a PAM eventually.
    I only notice it on the retro-hale.