Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

AB 2 stem Family Blend

webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
Well, I am disappointed. Thought I'd found my new fave: Alec Bradley Family Blend Torpedo. Tastes like my favorite box of AB BMs, but milder. Great pre-light. Great taste. Great draw. Good volume. All ready to give it five stars, but then the burn ruined it. I spotted two stems in the head when I cut the torpedo. Soon as I lit it, those two stems became apparent in the foot as well. They burnt down the center. Was able to light the wrapper. But in fifteen minutes, these stems burnt a crater right into the works. I've not faced this before. The crater burnt, the wrapper didn't. Had to re-light a half hour along. Still couldn't get the wrapper to burn. Inside an hour, I tossed the remainder. Dropped my five stars to three. Delicious stinkfinger. Loved the wrapper. Loved the taste until the crater went out of control.

I have to think this construction problem was an anomaly. Anyone else had similar probs with the AB FB?

Maybe I'll try another. This time robusto.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Comments

• Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Aw man....never had that issue, but it sucks when it happens.... That is a good blend normally with great construction.
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Aw man....never had that issue, but it sucks when it happens.... That is a good blend normally with great construction.

+1. I've never found a stem in one, but I did clip the cap on a certain gold labeled stick from the infamous "T" and found a piece of cardboard stock in the filler. Needless to say, the entire bundle went back!
  • Options
    bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    Hrrrm.. I`ve smoked dozens of those. Never had an issue. Heck pm me your addy I`ll replace it for you if your out. One of the sticks I keep on hand at all times.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bigfnsteve:
    Potatos Poatatos I love potatos

Shouldn't that read "Potatoes Poatatoes I love potatoes"? The silent "e" makes the "o" long. Otherwise, you just sound like a Hardey Ableson idling at a stop light: "putatuhs putatuhs putatuhs".

Well, the good thing: That cigar left a tasty morning mouth that's going great with my coffee. No wheeze. Garage smells good.

You think if I spot stems in another stogie some day I should take it back to the B&M and expect them to swap it? Is that something a cigar store should be expected to do? Or is it just a crap shoot?

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    Its been my experience that they replace them. Or next time send the manufacturer a pic. Its always worth a shot. Stems = a bad time