Home Ratings & Reviews

Anyone compared...

jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
Has anyone compared A.J.'s Fresh Rolled to the Est. 1844? What's your opinion?

Comments

• The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    I never did it consciously Marty, but I have had them both and much prefer the AJ Fresh Rolled.

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Sniper:
    I never did it consciously Marty, but I have had them both and much prefer the AJ Fresh Rolled.

Well, then, that means I absolutely MUST try a Fresh Rolled. I'm liking the 1844 pretty well for an everyday 'gar (well, not quite every day). Thanks, Glen.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    I LOVE the fresh rolled maddy in the toro....fantastic everyday smoke...
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    I think that with the freshrolled there is a big difference in ROTT and a few months down the line. I am a huge fan of the freshrolled, and really like the 1844 but i think it is a bit harsher than the FR.... i might go do this comparison tonight...
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had, and liked, both. Liked them very much, in fact. I'd say the fresh-rolled has a little more richness to the flavor, and a touch of spicey sweetness that the 1844 lacks. Hmm, now I want to buy both and compare. Oh thanks! What a dilemna. ;)
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • 1844 IMHO is the best value gar on the market. Especially in the smallest sized, (4.5x50) If I could afford it id have 3 boxes on hand always. The Fresh rolled for me was a Hair and i mean splitting hairs to spict for me. but the 1844 is a staple in my diet period.