Home Cigar 101

Am I Screwed?

MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
I have 5 cigars in a ziplock bag for a month today. I thought I had it humidified and such, but I found out today that the humidification pillow was not charged! I just charged it and put it back in the bag, but are my cigars in trouble?
I planned to smoke one tomorrow, but should I wait for them to adjust to the humidity?

Comments

• betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    What do the cigars feel like?
  • MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    betasynn:
    What do the cigars feel like?

Dryish. I can't really differentiated them from other cigars I've owned.
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    If they feel dried out, see if you can re-humidify them again, I'd wait a week and see what happens.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    if the air in your area has an RH of about 50% you may be fine. but i would toss them in the humidor for a bit to let them get back to where they should be.,
  • MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    kuzi16:
    if the air in your area has an RH of about 50% you may be fine. but i would toss them in the humidor for a bit to let them get back to where they should be.,

The humidity has generally been about 48-60% in my area and I had the windows open most of the month, so that was reassuring.

Looks like I'll be able to smoke one tomorrow =D
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    MAJORdorMo:
    kuzi16:

The humidity has generally been about 48-60% in my area and I had the windows open most of the month, so that was reassuring.

Looks like I'll be able to smoke one tomorrow =D
    good luck. hopefully they'll be okay but if not just throw 'em in the humi for a few months.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Ditto on the humi. You can pick up a small desktop for pretty cheap. Let em rest for a week or two in a humi and you should be fine. OR get a Boveda 72% pack, throw em in a tupperdor or a GOOD ziplok bag for a week and you should be a-ok