Home General Discussion

Padron 2000 - Seriously?

I had my first Padron 2000 today, on the recommendation of a fellow CCom forum member. 

I gotta say, everything I heard about them was spot-on.  Great construction, burn, draw, and excellent cream, coffee, and cedar flavors.  Not the most flavorful or complex cigar that I've ever had, but TOTALLY worth it considering that I paid around $3.50 for a robusto stick.  Will definitely be buying a few more of these, especially when I need a good stick to give some of my friends when we smoke together.

How is the Padron 3000?  Is it a "high-end" version of the same blend of tobacco?  Same flavor profile?  Are there any other sticks that I should try that are just an absolute steal for the price you pay?

Comments

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    a lot of good love for it that's for sure. I haven't had it but most peeps like it. The 3000 is the same, most like it around here. I haven't had any of them. Only the 1926/64's.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Padron cigars are the same blend, period. They do not reblend for size, so each size gives a unique perspective of the same blend. So while you may get the same general flavor profile, one cannot say that they taste the same. The 3000 is my preferred size, I think it offers a bit more flavor and complexity than the 2000 while mellowing out the blend overall.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Padron cigars are the same blend, period. They do not reblend for size, so each size gives a unique perspective of the same blend. So while you may get the same general flavor profile, one cannot say that they taste the same. The 3000 is my preferred size, I think it offers a bit more flavor and complexity than the 2000 while mellowing out the blend overall.
    yes.

on all accounts. 3000 is better than the 2000

but i dont hold them in as high regards as some of the folks around here. they arent bad, just not my style of blending. its a bit to Nicaraguan....
    Being a Nicaraguan puro, I should hope it's a bit Nicaraguan :). I think I've only had one puro that didn't taste particularly Nicaraguan, and that's Oliva...I don't know what they do, but their blends seem to defy geographical flavor categories.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Being a Nicaraguan puro, I should hope it's a bit Nicaraguan :). I think I've only had one puro that didn't taste particularly Nicaraguan, and that's Oliva...I don't know what they do, but their blends seem to defy geographical flavor categories.
    So, speaking in generalities, how would you describe the taste of Nicaraguan?
    Nicaraguan...? Honestly, I can't put it into words, there is just a quality of flavor that jumps out and says "I'm Nicaraguan!" Any flavor descriptors I use can also be used to describe flavors from tobacco of other origins, so I don't think it is purely in the flavors, but how they come together. If that makes sense...
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Nicaraguan...? Honestly, I can't put it into words, there is just a quality of flavor that jumps out and says "I'm Nicaraguan!" Any flavor descriptors I use can also be used to describe flavors from tobacco of other origins, so I don't think it is purely in the flavors, but how they come together. If that makes sense...
    lol, yeah that sums it up for me. I tend to like mostly Nicaraguan. more often than not anyways..
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Luko:
    j0z3r:
    So, speaking in generalities, how would you describe the taste of Nicaraguan?
    joe, i agree on the oliva thing. they are the only nicaraguans that dont taste as such.

luko,
    to me nicaraguan tobacco has a bit of a pulpy taste and texture to the smoke. like a bland saw dust. i know that sounds bad, but thats why i dont like nicaraguan tobacco. others would describe it as woody with a spice.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I don't have a problem with the flavor of Nicaraguan, it's just that most of the stuff you find today has Nicaraguan tobacco in it that I enjoy Honduran and Dominican just for something different. They are all good in their own right, just nice to have some variety.