Home Ratings & Reviews

med conn wrapper

I'm looking for a nice lower priced Conn cigar med in body with no grassiness or musty mossy flavor
any suggestion?

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i would go for the la vieja habana from drew estates connecticut.
    it may only be mild but it is large on flavor for the price

and of course the NUB connecticut

or how about the Sol Cubano Connecticut

• Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Verdadero Organic. Inexpensive and has a nice raison flavor.
  • Alex Svenson:
    Does this use the Ometepe filler? What other blends use this leaf? Considering this choice for the Forum Blend, and am I curious which current sticks have this in it.
    And is this where the raison comes from?
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    gurkha turk for sure. I love that cigar. Nub conni which Kuzi mentioned and 5 vegas gold. Get those three and I guarantee you'll like at least one.. more likely 2 but if your cool you'll like all three, lol.
  • Im torn between the 5 vegas and the vieja habbana
    going to get the 6 pack of turks , cant beat the price!

• ps are both long filler?
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    You won't go wrong with the Turks, excellent Connies. Also give Rocky Patel Signatures a shot, you can get the seconds at a good price.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I would say the Gurkha Park Ave. I thought it was a nice smoke with great flavor and you can't beat the price for a box of good cigars!
    oh yeah!!! Oliva Connecticut Reserve cant forget that one
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Is the Oliva Connie good? I haven't tried it yet even though I keep walking by it everytime I walk into the humidor at my local shop.
    i havent had that one yet but the people i know that have had one say they are good.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I dig the RP connie. Not overly pricey and a very god flavor!
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    jeff_connors:
    I'm looking for a nice lower priced Conn cigar med in body with no grassiness or musty mossy flavor
    any suggestion?
    I'm not a fan of Connecticut wrapped cigars but the 5 Vegas Gold is REALLY good. I would have to say that it is my favorite Connecticut wrapped cigar. Next would be the Nub.
  • 405bench405bench Posts: 36

I generaly like conni wrappers but for some reason I have not enjoyed any of the several Nub conni's I've smoked.  I do like their habano and cameron 460's (app.$5/stick).

My recomendation is the ccom signiture labels, specificaly Purple (very mild) and  Blue (one of my favs).  Cameron and Red are also my favs but more towards medium body.  app.$3/stick.

• Yeh i think Im going to go with 5 vegas, and the turks, whats the best size, im looking at torps,
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    they work. I like the robusto size in the 5 vegas and the turks "toro".
    Oooh nice suggestion on turk and oliva white label. Both great cigars and good values.
    mustluvcigars:
    Alex Svenson:
    Does this use the Ometepe filler? What other blends use this leaf? Considering this choice for the Forum Blend, and am I curious which current sticks have this in it.
    And is this where the raison comes from?
    Dont confuse sweetness with sugar. Sweetness mainly refers to the smell and how the flavor sits on the tip of your tongue. The filler in verdadero is actually grown in Granada at the base of the mombacho volcano right on the coast of lake nicaragua. This does give it a sweet flavor but the organic fertilizer really brings out the raison flavor and aroma.

Ometepe is an island in the middle of Lake Nicaragua. The fresh water does add to the sweetness but a bulk of the flavor is the result of a more tropical climate based on its isolation.
  • Thanks for the explanation. I would like to add to the kudos for you being involved with this great forum, Alex. Thank you.