Home Cigar 101

Anyone had/heard of this cigar?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
Stefano Santana Secreto. Guy said it was equal to a Behike. Curious if I should pull the trigger on one.

Comments

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never heard of it. But I get a little nervous when you search something and the only thing you can find is twitter posts on it, with strange links.
    I can't even find a manufacturer for it. Who is selling it?

Maybe someone else has some info on it.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    It's at a B&M sir. It looks like police baton.
    If it's at B&M, I'd bite on it myself, if it's reasonable. But then again, I'll snag a single at the local B&M any time he gets something new that is reasonable.

If it were online, I'm far more hesitant, unless I know who the seller is. ; )
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Any time a retailer says something like it is "equal to a Behike" or any other comparison between a brand I've never heard of, and a super premium that is a buzzword in the industry, I get extremely skeptical, because odds are, it is nothing like a Behike, and the guy selling it has never had a Behike, and he knows the product is nothing like a Behike... he's just peddling his wares.
    I hear you Doc but the "rep" is here too so there's some credibility here to some degree. Still 50/50 but will probably pass.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    james40:
    I hear you Doc but the "rep" is here too so there's some credibility here to some degree. Still 50/50 but will probably pass.
    That's zero credibility, in my book - I've been a rep myself, and while I never BS'd anyone, I know plenty of guys in the business that are so full of **** [and themselves] that you don't even want to shake their hand. My vote goes with what Doc said: the guy is (most likely) just throwing a name out there to get attention and recognition.

Example - Nica Libra tried the same thing. "It's exactly like a Padron '64!" Bullsh!t - no it's not.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I'm a bit warry as well.... easy to make that claim, difficult to live up to. There is only one blend I'm aware of (besides Mr. Johnnys) that was actually based off of the Behike and Monte. No. 2 blends.... the factory and rollers were sent those two cigars unbanded and told to make it taste like em, came out pretty damned clsoe. I'd look into the Buena Vista line first (that is the one I was referring to) and go that route before you drop money on an unknown... just my two cents.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    Well, if you buy it and it tastes like sheet, well then you know the B&M guy is full of it as well and you win either way. You will never fall for his bull again... or if it tastes great, you will have found a diamond in the rough.
    I ended up passing on this but 3 other guys in our party had one. My friend just got married so that's the one he picked as my stick for him. No one finished them because they got too intense (nicotine wise). It was no loss for me since I don't know what a Behike tastes like so that comparison was lost on me. I felt there were a lot better sticks to get for half that price. I ended up getting my first Anejo and that was a fantastic stick. I ended up smoking two of those. Thanks for the insight.
  • As a matter of fact, I have. I bought them at Excalibur Cigar in San Diego CA. I am a regular smoker of the Behike and the cigar you mention is as close if not exactly like it at half the price. I laugh at the guys that didn't smoke it and seem to know what it is. It's a great smoke. I would eat a meal before smoking it though. Just like if you are smoking a Behike, it gets a little rich at the end. Give it a try. You won't be sorry.

• As a matter of fact, I have. I bought them at Excalibur Cigar in San Diego CA. I am a regular smoker of the Behike and the cigar you mention is as close if not exactly like it at half the price. I laugh at the guys that didn't smoke it and seem to know what it is. It's a great smoke. I would eat a meal before smoking it though. Just like if you are smoking a Behike, it gets a little rich at the end. Give it a try. You won't be sorry.
  • I agree 100% with Steve! The Stefano Santana is a GREAT Smoke coming from a guy who enjoys cigar smoking. I would honestly rate this fantastic crafted cigar up there in my top five favorite cigars! So for all of you who haven't tried a Stefano Santana you should try it first before you knock it!!!! Trust me you would like it also!!! If you are in San Diego you should drop by Excalibur Cigar and Wine Lounge you'll meet great people and quality premium cigars in a huge walk-in humidor!!! The customer service there is awesome and the wine and beer selection is Great!!!!
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Funny....wonder if you guys work at Excalibur.... LOL
    Braddah K:
    I agree 100% with Steve! The Stefano Santana is a GREAT Smoke coming from a guy who enjoys cigar smoking. I would honestly rate this fantastic crafted cigar up there in my top five favorite cigars! So for all of you who haven't tried a Stefano Santana you should try it first before you knock it!!!! Trust me you would like it also!!! If you are in San Diego you should drop by Excalibur Cigar and Wine Lounge you'll meet great people and quality premium cigars in a huge walk-in humidor!!! The customer service there is awesome and the wine and beer selection is Great!!!!
    Ok, maybe not, but it is interesting that they just come into the forum and right off post about the same cigar lounge.
    And they TOTALLY agree with each other. Isn't that amazing?
    Now what are the odds of 2 new guys living in the same area, posting about the same cigar shop?
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    0patience:
    Braddah K:
    I agree 100% with Steve! The Stefano Santana is a GREAT Smoke coming from a guy who enjoys cigar smoking. I would honestly rate this fantastic crafted cigar up there in my top five favorite cigars! So for all of you who haven't tried a Stefano Santana you should try it first before you knock it!!!! Trust me you would like it also!!! If you are in San Diego you should drop by Excalibur Cigar and Wine Lounge you'll meet great people and quality premium cigars in a huge walk-in humidor!!! The customer service there is awesome and the wine and beer selection is Great!!!!
    Ok, maybe not, but it is interesting that they just come into the forum and right off post about the same cigar lounge.
    Now what are the odds of 2 new guys living in the same area, posting about the same cigar shop?
    And if you look at their website...a Steve works there lol... All credibility lost...and behike comparisons are absurd.
  • SmokindaddySmokindaddy Posts: 1,107
    catfishbluezz:
    0patience:
    Braddah K:
    And if you look at their website...a Steve works there lol... All credibility lost...and behike comparisons are absurd.
    Busted....... love it!!!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Now why would you say such a thing Dustin? Just because they joined today and have posted about nothing else? My friend, a healthy dose of skepticism is a good thing in a world that'll take you out back, bend you over and then hand you the bill, but you're just being paranoid. I'm sure these two gentlemen are completely above-board and just trying to educate us ignorant noobs. You could learn a thing or two from them, in fact we all could.

/sarcasm
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:

Gosh, ya s'pose?? Nahh, they wouldn't try to game us, would they?? I think I'll rush right out and buy a box or two of whatever they're pushing.... Or maybe not...

• I live in San Diego and I am a frequent customer at Excalibur. Yes I just joined the site yesterday because I was just checking to see if Stefano had hit the Internet and this blog popped up wasn't so happy to see posts and I decided to join and Post. I just wanted to let y'all know that it is a good smoke and I aint trying to stir up anything just standing by a Cigar that is one of my favorites! Shouldn't talk crap about something unless you have tried it!!! You would be surprised it is actually a good smoke. Anyways y'all have a great day!
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    While I can't say much about the stefano I can speak about the Behike and will say it is one of the better smokes I ever had. I enjoyed one last night and will say that it was everything the Cohiba is known and loved for x 5. The part were this post went wrong is to compare a stick that is not cuban to a cuban. Its not gonnna taste the same no matter how many times they write Cuban Esque it never will taste like a cuban especially not a Behlke. I def would not catergorize the Behike as a nicotine bomb because it was not. I am always in search of nicotine the more the better but the Behike was not that strong maybe it was the richness this stick was very rich and could be cofused with nicotine. This stick was extremley flavorful it was kinda like smoking 5 cuban cohibas at the same time but I'm psoitive it did not taste like a Stefano. I am sorry that you posted about a cigar you enjoy and not well reciefved by the members. Welcome to the forum and my adivce in the future when posting about your favorite cigar is dont compare it to cubans if its not grown in cuba it wont taste like cuba. Introduce you self in newb thread and stick around lets not take posting to serious. If you want to get your favorite cigar out to a new audience start in the newby trading thread and maybe you can send some out to people.
    Braddah K:
    I live in San Diego and I am a frequent customer at Excalibur. Yes I just joined the site yesterday because I was just checking to see if Stefano had hit the Internet and this blog popped up wasn't so happy to see posts and I decided to join and Post. I just wanted to let y'all know that it is a good smoke and I aint trying to stir up anything just standing by a Cigar that is one of my favorites! Shouldn't talk crap about something unless you have tried it!!! You would be surprised it is actually a good smoke. Anyways y'all have a great day!
    Cool brah...have them send out some samples if you know them. I'll be more then happy to determine if it is anywhere near a Behike..........or a good smoke at that..... And if it is, I will be more then happy to tell people HOW AWESOME EXCALIBER CIGARS IN SAN DIEGO IS!!!
  • SmokindaddySmokindaddy Posts: 1,107
    catfishbluezz:
    Braddah K:
    I live in San Diego and I am a frequent customer at Excalibur. Yes I just joined the site yesterday because I was just checking to see if Stefano had hit the Internet and this blog popped up wasn't so happy to see posts and I decided to join and Post. I just wanted to let y'all know that it is a good smoke and I aint trying to stir up anything just standing by a Cigar that is one of my favorites! Shouldn't talk crap about something unless you have tried it!!! You would be surprised it is actually a good smoke. Anyways y'all have a great day!
    Cool brah...have them send out some samples if you know them. I'll be more then happy to determine if it is anywhere near a Behike..........or a good smoke at that..... And if it is, I will be more then happy to tell people HOW AWESOME EXCALIBER CIGARS IN SAN DIEGO IS!!!
    I'm going to have to be added to the list of taste testers, we need to get to the bottom of this!
    Braddah K:
    Really? I gotta call BS on this one.
    2 customers from Excalibur in 2 days posting on the same thread?? What are the odds that these aren't spam posts?
    Come on, get real. By the way ****, no one was talking crap about anything but spammers.
    Besides, the ONLY people who get all offended about someone talking "crap" about a cigar are people with a vested interest, which leads me to believe you are a spammer.
    I could be wrong though. Oh wait, maybe not.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    One word: Shill
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Yeah pretty sure there is something fishy going on. Just cause you claim to be a customer doesn't mean anything. On top of that, I'm pretty sure if I was doing a startup company, I would google the crap out of my product to see what if anything was being said about it.
    Braddah K:
    So let's look at the way these fellas write.
    He uses the phrase "this blog popped up". The term blog is rarely used by folks in the US when referring to a forum.
    Both posters have a bit of a problem using punctuation correctly and then uses slangs like ain't and Y'all.
    And then there is the major red flag. "I am a regular smoker of the Behike"
    So regular meaning what? That he smokes once a week and only smoke Behike? Or he smokes everyday and has an endless supply of behikes?

It really amazes me that there are those people who really think that most of us are that stupid.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Just to make my point... Listen to the podcast below, It is a 2 hour show but fast forward to the last hour. It's about the Byron, Atabey, and Bandelaro cigars that were introduced at the Florida show. This is the same blender as the Stefano Santana. Don't believe me, listen for yourself. These are some of the best cigars in the world.

http://thecigarauthority.podbean.com/2012/08/11/secrets/
  • These cigars are made by the same blender. Listen for yourself. Since you know everything. Perhaps you might learn something new. Fast forward to the last hour.

• OK, Listen to this podcast below. Same blender as the cigar were chatting about. I'm not making this stuff up. I don't have any connection to the company. Just smoking their cigars at my local lounge which seems to have an exclusive in the San Diego area.

SteveFraioli:
    OK, Listen to this podcast below. Same blender as the cigar were chatting about. I'm not making this stuff up. I don't have any connection to the company. Just smoking their cigars at my local lounge which seems to have an exclusive in the San Diego area. http://thecigarauthority.podbean.com/2012/08/11/secrets/
    Dude,
    You've pretty much burnt your bridge here. Give it up.
    It is clear by how hard you are pushing, that YOU have some vested interest in it and at this point, I don't think anyone cares about some obscure cigar that you are pushing.

No one pushes that hard for something they have no vested interest in.
    And ONE post is quite enough.

And at this point, I don't care if it was the most desirable cigar in the world and the the owner of the company himself/herself (What ever) hands me one personally, I'll piss on it, just because of people like you. ok?
    I will never buy one, never smoke one or ever recommend one to anyone.
    Their company should be proud to have people pushing their product like this.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said: