Home Ratings & Reviews

What is everyones favorite padron?

Just wondering what everyones favorite padron was. I have not yet had one and i was wondering what everyones favorite one was so i could see what might be good to try.

Comments

• Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Not a padron fan personally.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I, on the other hand, am a big Padron fan. My hands down favorite is the 1964 Anniversary imperial habano, it's the best cigar I've had. The Anniversary lines are a bit pricey though for an everyday smoke. I also really like the regular Padron line, which is right in the price range of an everyday, maybe even twice a day, smoke. I really like the 3000 habano, though the 2000 is good too, just not as good (my opinion). I recently tried the panatela, which is more of a lancero actually, and found it to be very good as well, very rich in flavor.

So, to recap: Anniversary 1964, awesome. Regular line 2000 good, 3000 awesome, panatela very good. I'd recommend trying this cigar out, the price point won't empty your wallet and you may just find a new love.
  • smokestersmokester Posts: 131
    Those sounds great ya i looked at the 64 it just was a little to high for me maybe in the future. I have heard good things about the 3000 and 2000 and i think i will have to pick some up.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    Holly cow, they do exist! lol.. Am I on that ship... eh well sort of. If one would talk price to puff I can find much better smokes. Then again I'm a guy who loves Gurkha and Opus's and GOF's.. But I still enjoy a 26 and I have yet to light a 70th anniversary. Come to think of it I really haven't had too many Padron's so I guess I can't really give an opinion. Though I wasn't too taken with the 1964. I have yet to light the maduros that Laker sent me so maybe I'll dig them.
  • Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the Londres. I would smoke these by the day if I had a coolerdor to fill with boxes of them.
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    I've liked everything Padron that I've had. The 64 and 26 lines are tremendous...I'm leaning more toward the 64 habano as the favorite, but they have all been enjoyable. I also enjoy the 2000, 3000 and 6000.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    probably the 3000

but i still dont keep them on hand.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Like the 3000, dont love em though. Havent had any of the Anniversary's though. Want to, but pricey, damn!
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Jetmech_63:
    Havent had any of the Anniversary's though. Want to, but pricey, damn!
    But they are worth it...IMO. I bought a box of 64s a while back in the Exclusivo size and I smoke one once a month, after getting a big part of my monthly work complete. They were awesome to begin with and have moved to being incredible with 6 months on them.
  • dep691dep691 Posts: 311
    PAN 9
  • MrMokeMrMoke Posts: 321 ✭✭
    I am working my way slowly through a box of Padron Londres maduro (5 1/2 X 42) it's a small short smoke, but excellent when you don't have a lot of time on your hands. I have had these in my humi since 2003 and they absolutely do get better with age, everytime i take one out, I'll be sad when I have finished them.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555

2000 or 3000, I havent dipped into any of the anniversary series yet.

• denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    +1 I actually like the Nica Libre better. I know they get compared quite often due to marketing but the flavor profiles are similar and the Nica is smoother to me.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    dennisking:
    Alex Svenson:
    +1 I actually like the Nica Libre better. I know they get compared quite often due to marketing but the flavor profiles are similar and the Nica is smoother to me.
    I've got half a box of the 1964 Maduro Exclusivos and I've probably smoked 5-10 Nica Libres. I don't see the comparison. The Nica Libre is a great smoke for $2, but it doesn't even come close to the 1964. The Nica Libre is smoother for sure, but part of that is due to the 1964 being a full-bodied cigar and the Nica Libre is definitely not. The 1964 is much spicier, much more full bodied, and in general is a far more complex smoke to me. Not everyone is going to like all of those things, but for me, it's the perfect maduro.

Holy old thread, batman!
    I like the 26 maddies and the 80th though the price is hefty. I'd like to try the 45th, I've heard is was blended better than the 80th. Also I don't like dyed wrappers.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    The 1964. After that, the 3000. I need to explore more of the other vitolas in that line, though. I like small ring gauges, but I haven't tried any of them in Padron's regular line. Need to remedy that.
    Laker sent me a 26 #2 maduro which was mighty tasty. It's a small bugger but flavorful.
  • Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    I have a couple of the 26 no.6's but havent had one yet. So far I really like the 3000 Maduro. I was pretty bummed when I went to buy a box and they were sold out.
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    i have never had a padron... ya thats right, i said it!
  • I just got a box of 1926 80th Anniversary's, but I haven't had them yet. I love the 3000 Natural. It might be my favorite reasonably priced cigar.
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Alex Williams:
    um me either >.> but I'm still young and spry not the 80yr old grams Mr. Alex is! I can change!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    urbino:
    I like small ring gauges, but I haven't tried any of them in Padron's regular line. Need to remedy that.
    Yes you do, the Padron panatela is excellent, more along the lines of lancero dimensions.
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    Hayblet:
    Alex Williams:
    um me either >.> but I'm still young and spry not the 80yr old grams Mr. Alex is! I can change!
    Haha why don't you check again oldylocks!