Home Ratings & Reviews

Padilla Miami

I got this cigar because of its rating through Cigar.com when I saw it was packing the Toro in the 5-pack. I thought I'd give it a try anyway. I came back with the thought of "wow". This one had a solid nice taste right out of the gate and as it burned through it just got better. I can't imagine the robusto tasting better (it was given the 94 rating) but given my history with other favorites in different sizes I can believe if it is so. I am still working through R&J 1875 Cedro #2;s that are no where close to the 1875 Rothchild. Has anyone tried both? I'd be interested in the comparison. This creamy toro makes my day in taste and aroma every time I fire one up.

Comments

• ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    I honestly think if I had to choose one cigar to smoke for the rest of my life, it would be the Padilla Miami.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I love the Miami, I have a few left from a weekend blitz Ccom had few years ago...they are aging nicely...cello is starting to turn yellow.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is one cigar that's been great in every size, never had one to disappoint me, love it!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    Are these still good although DPG is not making them anymore?
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Absolutely, I don't think they are any different.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    This is easily my favorite Padilla.

stephen_hannibal:

that looks like Svenson in your avatar, lol

"Long ashes my friends."

• t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Krieg:
    stephen_hannibal:

It is, isn't it?

I have yet to have a Miami that burned well and either that severely effected the taste or I just don't like them cause the 2 I've had have been awful. Guess I'll have to revisit one of these days.
  • gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    I prefer the churchill myself its a 48rg I believe.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Krieg:
    stephen_hannibal:

It is.

stephen_hannibal:
    Krieg:
    stephen_hannibal:

It is.

That. is. Awesome.

"Long ashes my friends."

• bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Krieg:
    stephen_hannibal:

It is.

That. is. Awesome.
    You should see the whole picture that was cropped out of! I don't know how to find it but I saw it on one of these threads one day. Hilarious.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, Catfish bombed me with a Padilla Miami Toro, then Bigfnsteve bombed with a Padilla Miami. Between the two, they gave me Lou Gehrig's disease: "Today ay ay y, I am am am m the luckiest man an an n..."

I pulled out Catfish's first, because it had yellow cello. Beautiful dark oily corojo wrapper. Impeccable construction. The wrapper had a mild odor and spice taste. Uncapped easily. The unlit draw gave me sweetness and spice.

I lit it just by toasting the foot with one match and blowing on it. Immediately I got a very well mannered smoke. Mild but spicy, turning rich but smooth. Delightful. The ash was dark charcoal color, darker than any I have seen. It holds an inch and a half of ash. Both times the ash fell, the flavor turned sour for a few puffs. Farther along, it reminded me of a good smoky scotch, not quite as heavy as a Laphroaig, but in that direction. I got a solid hour and a half out of it before it got hot with two inches left. I ditched it before hot got soggy, cause, you know what they say about Miami: It ain't the heat, it's the humidity.

I couldn't get over the stinkfinger. Must've looked like a pervert going round the house sniffing digits the rest of the night. Had a lot of morning mouth, tasty after brushing, and especially fine with my morning coffee. Did get a wheeze.

Four and a half stars. I would rate it five but for this quandary: I can't wait to hit the next one, but since the next one is my last on, I can't bear to hit the next one. Angst. Other than that, I am ready to join the Padilla Flotilla. Where do I sign up?

Brothers bigfn & catfish, you each did me a solid.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    webmost:
    First, Catfish bombed me with a Padilla Miami Toro, then Bigfnsteve bombed with a Padilla Miami. Between the two, they gave me Lou Gehrig's disease: "Today ay ay y, I am am am m the luckiest man an an n..."

I pulled out Catfish's first, because it had yellow cello. Beautiful dark oily corojo wrapper. Impeccable construction. The wrapper had a mild odor and spice taste. Uncapped easily. The unlit draw gave me sweetness and spice.

I lit it just by toasting the foot with one match and blowing on it. Immediately I got a very well mannered smoke. Mild but spicy, turning rich but smooth. Delightful. The ash was dark charcoal color, darker than any I have seen. It holds an inch and a half of ash. Both times the ash fell, the flavor turned sour for a few puffs. Farther along, it reminded me of a good smoky scotch, not quite as heavy as a Laphroaig, but in that direction. I got a solid hour and a half out of it before it got hot with two inches left. I ditched it before hot got soggy, cause, you know what they say about Miami: It ain't the heat, it's the humidity.

I couldn't get over the stinkfinger. Must've looked like a pervert going round the house sniffing digits the rest of the night. Had a lot of morning mouth, tasty after brushing, and especially fine with my morning coffee. Did get a wheeze.

Four and a half stars. I would rate it five but for this quandary: I can't wait to hit the next one, but since the next one is my last on, I can't bear to hit the next one. Angst. Other than that, I am ready to join the Padilla Flotilla. Where do I sign up?

Brothers bigfn & catfish, you each did me a solid.

I'm a Padilla fan, was saddened to hear of Ernesto's recent decisions.
    That's why I have been going around hoarding my favorites from the discontinued lines.
    Oddly enough, the Miami has been hit and miss for me. I've had some that were simply awesome, and absolutely deserving of their high rating, and more. But about 1/3 of them have been mediocre to really bad (harsh with construction issues) - this is from a relatively small sampling of 9 or so Padilla Miamis, so it may just be an aberration. (But I quit buying Miamis because of it, except when they're in Samplers I want.)
    Note to WebMost - see if you can optimize your photos a bit - 1.8meg is painful on my wimpy ADSL connection - thanks!

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oooh .. sorry about the pics, brother. I take them with my Android Atrix and send them straight to my server using andFTP, so they never see a desktop with a graphics prog. Not apt to change any of that, cause I am usually fooling in the garage at the time.

Look on the bright side: If all you can get is a wimpy ADSL, that probably means you live in God's Country, a.k.a. the stix. So be glad of that. Wish I did.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)