Home Cigar 101

DON'T DO THAT

webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
So the other night, I set my soggy bottom on the work bench to dry out. Tonight, I lit it up. Oh my God. DON'T DO THAT! That is el gacko di gacki tuti.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Comments

• VisionVision Posts: 7,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I left one in my bathroom, on the sink over nigth once.... I looked at in the morning.... Like I was standing over it shaking my head thinking... Not the way to infuse a cigar..... it hit the barrel
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    yeah - even with aggressive amputations on both ends......an over-niter ain't gonna fly.........less it's a Backwoods of course....heh!
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't relight unless it is within an hour or so. If I don't have the time I don't light up.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    If I have to leave it I gently blow back to clear the cigar then snip the foot when cool. Good for a few hours anyway. Gave a guy at work a MOW to try on a friday. Came up to me on monday, said he loved it and can't wait to finish it this weekend. Say what!
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    The3Stogies:
    Gave a guy at work a MOW to try on a friday. Came up to me on monday, said he loved it and can't wait to finish it this weekend. Say what!
    no more MOW for him...............find your doggies (if you have any) and save for him - if u no got doggies, buy some white owls and remove the band...........he'll love em

• The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    KingoftheCove:
    The3Stogies:
    Gave a guy at work a MOW to try on a friday. Came up to me on monday, said he loved it and can't wait to finish it this weekend. Say what!
    no more MOW for him...............find your doggies (if you have any) and save for him - if u no got doggies, buy some white owls and remove the band...........he'll love em

Right on. Disrespecting my MOW in that manner I say deserves a Swisher.

A cigar, like sex, once started should be completed. IMHO
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    LOL Bet that's going to be a tasty experience!
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    hahahah, did that with my first cigar, was on my 19th birthday, never had any tobacco, and got really light headed from it... it was a Playboy by Don Diego (really have to laugh about it now, KO'd from a mild cigar...) tried to light it the next evening and gagged to the point of nearly running to the bushes.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL yep been there done that brother!

It's kind of like when a toddler touches the hot stove for the first time then learns to never do it again.
    Definitely a learning experience and I'll never make that mistake of trying to relight a cigar after a long break again!!

I made a similar mistake as Taylor did - 1 of my first cigars, smoked about halfway and left it outside in the ashtray all night then tried to relight it the next afternoon ---- about hurled. epic fail!!!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The3Stogies:
    If I have to leave it I gently blow back to clear the cigar then snip the foot when cool. Good for a few hours anyway. Gave a guy at work a MOW to try on a friday. Came up to me on monday, said he loved it and can't wait to finish it this weekend. Say what!
    This is what I do when I get to work. Not going to be great, but still welcome after my shift is over. Of course, they're better in the winter, summer heat makes them unsmokeable.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • T.J. ArmstrongT.J. Armstrong Posts: 256
    I still remember not liking cigars when I was younger because I would buy a few, smoke one and leave the others sitting in my room for while. I definitely thoughts that the humidors were just for what fancy cigar people. Lol, oh the difference it makes actually storing cigars properly and not trying to smoke a cigar like a cigarette.
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    T.J. Armstrong:
    I still remember not liking cigars when I was younger because I would buy a few, smoke one and leave the others sitting in my room for while. I definitely thoughts that the humidors were just for what fancy cigar people. Lol, oh the difference it makes actually storing cigars properly and not trying to smoke a cigar like a cigarette.
    Had a friend over about a month ago who was just coming to this realization himself. I can imagine alot of people going through this. I know I did.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I just can't pull myself to ever relight no matter how long it's been down
    Money can't buy taste