Home General Discussion

Help deciding some things

rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
OK, I am deferring to my fellow BOTL here on ccom for some suggestions.

I know it may be a little late for the first one, but here it is. First of all today is my birthday and I have a humi full of smokes (about 150 of them to be exact). Probably about 130 different individual bands. These range from CCOM house labels and Gurkha Sherpas to GOF and Opus X. I want suggestions on what I should smoke tonight.

Second, as most if not all of you know, ccom gives 10% off for your birthday and I have a few weeks to use it so I would like some realistic (ie no HMRs) suggestions on what to buy using my discount. Thanks.

I am still putting an order together though so feel free to continue with any suggestions for that.

Comments

• Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    I say, since it's your birthday, go ahead and treat yourself to one of those smokes you've been saving for a special occasion. Grab something that you've been waiting to try - also try pairing it up with whatever you've eaten today.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    BTW, Happy Birthday.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Ron I would go AF Anejo 'Shark' ....One of my absolute favorites or else a Don Carlos #2 or a robusto or dbl robusto ....happy birthday buddy ...
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    I vote for Opus X. I have a GoF and Opus resting, and for my birthday, I'd pull out the Opus and save the GoF for something a little bigger, like an awesome new job, the birth of my daughter in August, etc.

Happy B-day, Ron. Have a beer on me.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Happy birthday Ron. I'd say smoke whatever grabs your attention when you open the humi.

As for you discount...Are you a fan of Padron? And if so, have you tried the 1964 Anniversary? Might be a good time to try one if you haven't, what with the discount and all. Maybe an Oliva MB2 or MB1, the discount would take the edge off of those a bit.
  • robert69165robert69165 Posts: 219
    Happy Birthday Ron, go for the Opus and a nice juicy porterhouse steak as far as buying goes treat yourself to siomthing you never would have bought before whether it be high end full body or lower end mild. I think you probably already have somthing in mind, Go for it, todays your day buddy!
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Happy Birthday Brother. I would probably go with the GoF but that is taste preference. It is really up to you and what you are in the mood for. A steak does sound nice though!
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Alright, if you have 200 dollars to spend on cigars, I think what you'd want to do is go with a pair of opus x. That runs you what, 60 bucks? So you have 140 bucks for a bottle of something to pair it with.
  • 405bench405bench Posts: 36
    Smoke a light premium (Aston classic type) while you fix aspearagas w/white wine mayo sauce, grilled potatos w/butter garlic in foil (1 hr min)  grilled fillet or ribeye rubbed in olive oil garlic and cracked black pepper. favorite drink and finish off the evening with the Opus and a glass of Maderia or Port.  Cost app. $125....experiance priceless.
  • 405bench405bench Posts: 36
    Ops, forgot.....Happy Birthday!
    405bench:
    Smoke a light premium (Aston classic type) while you fix aspearagas w/white wine mayo sauce, grilled potatos w/butter garlic in foil (1 hr min)  grilled fillet or ribeye rubbed in olive oil garlic and cracked black pepper. favorite drink and finish off the evening with the Opus and a glass of Maderia or Port.  Cost app. $125....experiance priceless.
    My mouth watered. I vote for this.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    rdnstn:
    OK, I am deferring to my fellow BOTL here on ccom for some suggestions.

I know it may be a little late for the first one, but here it is. First of all today is my birthday and I have a humi full of smokes (about 150 of them to be exact). Probably about 130 different individual bands. These range from CCOM house labels and Gurkha Sherpas to GOF and Opus X. I want suggestions on what I should smoke tonight.

Second, as most if not all of you know, ccom gives 10% off for your birthday and I have a few weeks to use it so I would like some realistic (ie no HMRs) suggestions on what to buy using my discount. Thanks.
    Well Happy B-Day Ron! Well fill us in, what did you smoke and what did you purchase?
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    robert69165:
    Happy Birthday Ron, go for the Opus and a nice juicy porterhouse steak as far as buying goes treat yourself to siomthing you never would have bought before whether it be high end full body or lower end mild. I think you probably already have somthing in mind, Go for it, todays your day buddy!
    Do what Robert said, Happy Birthday man!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    As for your purchases, well I know the Relic is a good smoke, as is Camacho triple maduro. I know ccom has that don carlos anniversary 9 pack I've been eying, as well as the opus 08 charity box... that would be a good one to get with your discount.
    as for your smokes, well I'm not sure. The shark is a good smoke, as is a GOF or opus. It all depends on your mood.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    OK, for those that are wondering. For my B-Day, I started with a Gurkha Regent as it is one of my favorites and hasn't let me down yet, then I partook in another after a slice of homemade german chocolate birthday cake. I went with Gmill and had one of the AF Anejo sharks that has been sitting in my humi for 4+ months. It was great too. Decided to save the Opi X (? is that plural for Opus, lol) and GOF for when I finish the phases of PA school.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    "Geese."
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    When you have more than one, it is called an Opus Xcess.

Goose: Geese
    Moose: Meese
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Ron did you get that email before or after your bday? I know I've got them before but can't remember which it was. Mine is coming up on the 19th. I already have my list but I need to find the green.... =(