Home Cigar 101

Plastic cigar wrapper!!!!!

This might be a newbie question but cigars with the clear plastic wrapper, are they factory rolled or hand rolled and put in the wrapper? For example the montecristo #2.

Comments

• urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Could be either. The plastic (actually cellophane, which as kuzi mentioned elsethread, isn't a plastic) doesn't tell you anything, either way. Cheap, machine-made cigars are wrapped in cello, and so are premium, hand-made cigars. I would think the actual cello-wrapping process is done by machine for all cigars, since it has no effect on the smoking qualities.

Montecristo is a premium, hand-made cigar.
  • gizank27gizank27 Posts: 3
    Thanks for the info!!
    You're very welcome, gizank. If you're new here, come on over to the Newbies thread and say hi.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    As urbino said, the cello tells nothing some very high end cigars come with cello some without same for low end hand rolleds and machine made. Also as a side bit of info apparently the cello tastes like chicken. I personally have never tried it but we have some interesting cats on this here forum. LMAO. Welcome aboard!
  • rmccloudrmccloud Posts: 160 ✭✭
    mmm, I love chicken.....HA!!!
    grin
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i once saw a video of a cigar maker putting cello on a cigar by hand. I have no clue if this is an industry standard or not though.
    Wow. Maybe they do. It just seems to me like a torcedor would have better (and more profitable) things to do with his/her time than add cello.
    it may have been that persons only job. as in the torcedor rolls em up and puts em in a box. the next person to handle them takes them out of the box and puts cellophane on them.
    Very true. Geez, what a tedious job that would be.
  • MarkbbMarkbb Posts: 196
    On CAO CD they show the women putting the bands on the cigar and cello too...
    urbino:
    Very true. Geez, what a tedious job that would be.
    and they make less in one day than i make in an hour.