Home Non Cigar Related

Show me your firearms

Comments

• jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am starting an AR15 build. Going with a Ranier Arms Zombie Hunter Lower to start. Will post pics next year when it is done.
  • SalemSalem Posts: 717
    We recently had our house broken into and many things stolen including our 38 special revolver we had for 30 years. So we bought a Ruger lightweight pocket handgun with SPECIAL bullets for protection. Also hid in a different place in the house, lol. image
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Well, to answer a few questions.

Yes, my political and philosophical leanings are probably very evident.

That's only a portion of my collection. But I've been collecting for 30 years and don't have a wife or kids to support.

What do you do with a 1919? Mostly attract attention at the range. No, it's a semi-auto, since it's not legal for civilians to build them with the happy switch anymore, and I can't afford a registered FA. This one I built from parts, just like most of my AK's.

That particular Smith wheelgun is a 617-0

If you're coming for the apocalypse, bring rations, I've basically got the firepower and ammo covered, but I'll be danged if I'm gonna feed all of ya. And have a stogie lit up while you're approaching the barriers, so I can tell you from the zombies.
    Salem:
    We recently had our house broken into and many things stolen including our 38 special revolver we had for 30 years. So we bought a Ruger lightweight pocket handgun with SPECIAL bullets for protection. Also hid in a different place in the house, lol. image
    Hiding things isn't a great idea. Believe me, the crooks know all the good hiding places better than you do, and look there first. For very little coin, you can get something like this that will secure it for you. I use one similar to this to secure my carry gun in the car in case I have to go into the courthouse or someplace I can't carry. http://www.epicenterofdefense.com/GUNVAULT-NANOVAULT-100-8X6X2-W-CBL-GVNV100.htm
  • jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    I've been looking for a safe like that, but preferably with a finger swipe so I don't have to fumble with a key.
  • http://titangunvault.com/gun-safe/titan-gun-vault

This is the bedside safe I have. I love it. Easy for me and the wife. It holds my Tarus Judge.
  • Just picked up a 770 tonight.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Couldn't find the other post with my AR pics but my Rainier Arms Zombie Lower is on the way. Going to build and complete my lower next week. Can't wait. Pics to come!
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    Can't wait to see it Jake, and I wanna know how that spikes gear works out, heard great things
  • bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    Whoops
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    Does this count?

Not my tank, but this is what I did for 24 years.

Steve2010:
    Does this count?

Is that coolidor on top stock or is that a custom option from pimp my ride ?
    bigfnsteve:
    Steve2010:
    Does this count?

The pic is a Marine Abrams from Fallujah, so I'm sure it's stocked with Red Bull.
    My Baghdad everyday carry. M4 with ACOG and PEQ-2, (270 rounds/9 Mags), M9 Beretta in a thigh rig, 2 M67 frags

• i cant post any pictures, but my home defence weapon of choice is an AR-15 with an ACOG, a surefire flashlight with a pressure switch, a green lazer also with fressure switch and a gangster grip. i also have a 9mm and a .40 but the AR is way cooler.
    Steve2010:
    bigfnsteve:
    Steve2010:
    Does this count?

The pic is a Marine Abrams from Fallujah, so I'm sure it's stocked with Red Bull.
    Im well aware of what that is and had a pretty good guess as to what was in the cooler. I was purely joking.
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    airborneolly:
    i cant post any pictures, but my home defence weapon of choice is an AR-15 with an ACOG, a surefire flashlight with a pressure switch, a green lazer also with fressure switch and a gangster grip. i also have a 9mm and a .40 but the AR is way cooler.
    I too enjoy my AR, but for home defense, not the best choice to grab, unless you live out in the country with no neighbors in close proximity. If so, then have at it. I always have neighbors close, and I would rather grab my pistol or shotty as not to worry about the rounds zipping through the walls of others houses.
  • marineatbn03:
    airborneolly:
    i cant post any pictures, but my home defence weapon of choice is an AR-15 with an ACOG, a surefire flashlight with a pressure switch, a green lazer also with fressure switch and a gangster grip. i also have a 9mm and a .40 but the AR is way cooler.
    I too enjoy my AR, but for home defense, not the best choice to grab, unless you live out in the country with no neighbors in close proximity. If so, then have at it. I always have neighbors close, and I would rather grab my pistol or shotty as not to worry about the rounds zipping through the walls of others houses.
    yeah the AR might be a little much, but its got the wow factor, if someone comes into the house with a .38 or a 9mm and then you come around the corner looking like a call of duty video game your already winning. lol
  • StreaterStreater Posts: 293
    I don't have any guns. I sold them all to a guy named Dave at the gun show.
  • jeep edsonjeep edson Posts: 826
    sig p228,, glock 17, about 20 shotguns. used to compete alot. multiple rifles from17hm and 220swift to 375ruger. 2 mathews bows. and 1 doublestar ar15.
  • ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    Here are a couple that I could find pics of:

image This is currently my favorite. Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD in .308, with an AAC 762-SD QD suppressor. It looks even cooler on its bipod now.

And this is the same can mounted on my 6.5 Grendel AR that I built from parts.
    And a his/hers set of Browning Buckmarks.
  • jeep edsonjeep edson Posts: 826
    nice acc can
  • SmokindaddySmokindaddy Posts: 1,107
    leerescue@yahoo.com:
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos:)
    Congrats, nice job!!
    AR 15 lower in and so far this is what I have done. Waiting on different extended takedown pins before I install the buffer tube assembly.

Haven't checked in on the board in a while. Here's some I don't think you've seen before:

SIG551-A1 (with EOTech), and little brother SIG 522.
    SIG551A1 & 522

One wall of the man cave, gun room division. Mostly bolt actions shown here, other than a few SKS's. Yes, that is a bazooka in the corner.
    Man Cave
    Zoom! Another name I recognize from back when I was here every day.

Also, damn, I thought I had a lot of rifles... I think I have 13 right now, 5 of them are various .22 rimfires though.
    jeep edson:
    nice acc can
    I love shooting with it! A long day at the range is so much more pleasant without the extra noise and recoil. And I already have a permanent hearing profile on my left ear... Doctor said its most likely from shooting.
    Scrambler, as the Titanic said, that's just the tip of the iceberg. That's just the stuff that's not in one of the five safes.