Home Ratings & Reviews

Stinky Jr Ashtray

taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
In the last week i have gotten to smoke many more cigars than i usually get to in a month so my Stinky Jr. (one-finger) Ashtray has had more than its fare share of ashes. I got the Jr as a freebe in a sampler deal, and i received it at the beginning of my real plunge into this world. Before i got the Jr. I had never had or used an ashtray.

My Stinky Jr. after a few months use.

90% of the time the JR gets used for one cigar, then it is dumped, washed, and put into my box of cigar stuff. Because of the quantity that i have been smoking recently and the fact that the family is out of town i have been going a couple of days between emptying it. I have found that it can reasonably hold the Ash of 4-5 Cigars (averaging 5.0x50 in size) before i feel the need to dump it.

My usual nightly setup, this is on the back porch with my netbook (Asus Eee with a 10 in screen) keys w/ punch, phone, lighter, and deactivated Droid (for photobucket/pictures and music. it sits behind the laptop) and my cat Fluffy aka Mr Fluffers has once again claimed my lap.

I like The size of the Stinky Jr as it is portable enough to be constantly moved, small enough to fit on the table i use, but big enough to use for even the bigger cigars ive smoked. Being a single-finger ashtray, it works great for someone like me who smokes at home, alone, and not that often.

sitting on the table with an AJ Fernandez Fresh-Rolled Maduro that im currently enjoying.

The bowl is about 4in accross and 2in deep and it is made out of stainless steel so it does not hold onto odors. (and makes it hard to take pictures of with a flash to boot) The downside of the metal is that it can and will get hot if the conditions are right, and some discoloration can occur, but as far as ashtrays go it is pretty attractive. I do wish that it had more weight in the base so that it was a bit more steady and harder to knock over, which ive had happen a time or two.

Overall i really like this ashtray, its attractive, useful, can be had for Free with many sampler deals to about $15 when bought by itself, and although it is not useful for groups of people, a set of these would be good on poker night.

Comments

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice review, well done. I've eaten ice cream out of it before lol.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    that sounds like the beginning of a fun summertime herf!
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    LOL. - you're a brave soul, im hoping you did that when it was new??? I haven't tried that yet & don't know if I'd want to...

Great review, Taylor and good setup. I <3 my stinky jr too - it lives on the side table of my grill, it's perfect for when I'm working the BBQ.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

jgibv:
    danielzreyes:
    LOL. - you're a brave soul, im hoping you did that when it was new??? I haven't tried that yet & don't know if I'd want to...

Great review, Taylor and good setup. I
    I haven't used it as an ashtray yet so I'm good.
  • JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    Great review. I need to get me one. My last ashtray broke.
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    yeah me too, my ashtray situation sucks!
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Very nice Taylor! Now I'm thinking of getting one! Oh, PM btw!
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    I love my stinky jr, I got it as a freebie last year in the cuban roots samplers and I couldn't be more pleased with it. I did have 1 problem, my springer spaniel knocked it over and the bottom ring popped off, but I got some metal epoxy and fixed it and it is as good as new.
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    The Cuban Heritage Ashtray Combo is on the daily deal for $25 today for those who had mentioned needing a new ashtray.
    taythegibs:
    The Cuban Heritage Ashtray Combo is on the daily deal for $25 today for those who had mentioned needing a new ashtray.
    and order through a rep you will most likely get free shipping.
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Nice ashtray review Gibs...thanks for sharing.
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    what kind? halo halo?
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShotgunJohn:
    taythegibs:
    and order through a rep you will most likely get free shipping.
    You do realize that the daily deal is free shipping?
    It says this on the daily deal banner, "Buy 1 and your ENTIRE ORDER ships FREE" ; )
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    Sorry I meant to say free USPS shipping instead of UPS the difference for me is 2 days as opposed to 7-10
    jliu:
    danielzreyes:
    what kind? halo halo?
    Naw man. You need a tall glass for halo halo.
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    jliu:
    danielzreyes:
    what kind? halo halo?
    Naw man. You need a tall glass for halo halo.
    haha duh. I'm so uncultured. My bad. have a red bean ice cream bar on me.