Home Non Cigar Related

Kneebitis

webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
Caught a bad case of kneebitis off the office carpet about seven thirty this morning. That's when some invisible kneeflea or kneeskeeto or other invisicritter gets up your pant leg and starts itchymunching at your knee. You scratch and scritch and you can never get the little fool. Even pulled up my pant leg. Of course, I couldn't find nothing but welts. Then he started munching my left knuckles. Now he started on my other shin. I need to fire up a cigar to drive the pest away. It's like camping: bugs hate baccy. Only prob is, the safety *** would be all over my a$$. "But, yer honor, my doctor prescribed a corona each time I have an episode of kneebitis."

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Comments

• The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Bedbugs are nobody's friend. Keep smoking cigars, wash the bedsheets in hot water with plenty of bleach, and you may wanna get the medicated body shampoo as well.

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    webmost:
    Caught a bad case of kneebitis off the office carpet about seven thirty this morning. That's when some invisible kneeflea or kneeskeeto or other invisicritter gets up your pant leg and starts itchymunching at your knee. You scratch and scritch and you can never get the little fool. Even pulled up my pant leg. Of course, I couldn't find nothing but welts. Then he started munching my left knuckles. Now he started on my other shin. I need to fire up a cigar to drive the pest away. It's like camping: bugs hate baccy. Only prob is, the safety *** would be all over my a$$. "But, yer honor, my doctor prescribed a corona each time I have an episode of kneebitis."

quit cheapening tobacco by calling it "baccy"

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:

Duly chastened.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    webmost:
    kuzi16:

Duly chastened.

im only half serious.
    call it what you want.

but to me its like calling the Mona Lisa a "pitcher"

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The invisible itch bugs. I don't know where they come from or how you get rid of them, but why do they always have to attack you at the most inopportune times?
    Like meetings, long drives or at bed time, right when you are at that moment of sleep.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    webmost:
    kuzi16:

Duly chastened.

im only half serious.
    call it what you want.

but to me its like calling the Mona Lisa a "pitcher"

Or calling A finely aged mound of manure A pile of sh*t!
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i get this on a somewhat regular basis....there's no pattern to it and i've ruled out that it's actually "bugs".
    because there's never any red marks/spots on the skin ---

i believe this happens (to me at least) because of sitting too long in one position, just as your leg/foot will go numb/fall asleep - i notice that if i don't move for a while, sometimes i'll start to feel an "itchy sensation" usually on my shins or knees.
    but as soon as I get up and walk around for a few minutes, it disappears.

perhaps this is what's happening to you?

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    What's worse, this or rug-burn from romping around with a particularly wild lady-friend?
    Light 'em up.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JCizzle:
    What's worse, this or rug-burn from romping around with a particularly wild lady-friend?
    Uhm.........yeah, I'll take the rug burns. They come with added benefits. ROFL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    jgibv:
    i get this on a somewhat regular basis....there's no pattern to it and i've ruled out that it's actually "bugs".

Not a chance. I still have the big red welts. It's them dang moskneetoes, I tell ya. Need to fumigate some uppowoc and drive them outta here.

• mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    webmost:
    jgibv:

Not a chance. I still have the big red welts. It's them dang moskneetoes, I tell ya. Need to fumigate some uppowoc and drive them outta here.
    Im no expert, but sounds like fleas to me! Go to the super market and get a flea collar and put it around your ankle. You may look like your under house arrest, but I bet ya you don't get bit!!!!!
    webmost:
    jgibv:

dang bro, that sucks! sorry i missed that in the original post (i never was too great at reading comprehension LOL)
    Wash everything in hot water and bleach (or clorox 2 for colored items) and set off a bug bomb for sure!
    mmccartneydc:
    Im no expert, but sounds like fleas to me! Go to the super market and get a flea collar and put it around your ankle. You may look like your under house arrest, but I bet ya you don't get bit!!!!!
    ha yeah might look funny - but if you have any 4 legged furry roommates (or have been around dogs/cats lately) this very well could be it. i know it's been said before on the forum - but i've heard it's going to be a very bad season for the fleas/ticks this year since we had such a mild winter.

It's at the office, dudes. No dogs, no cats, can't bomb the place, and a flea collar on the ankle would chafe the thing they gave me for work release.

Offiss. Reeding iz funduhmentle.

webmost:
    It's at the office, dudes. No dogs, no cats, can't bomb the place, and a flea collar on the ankle would chafe the thing they gave me for work release.

Offiss. Reeding iz funduhmentle.
    f*** - i ain't dun ben lerned how to rede dem wordz all gudz lyke u citee slickers wit ur fan-z pan-z bookz n all.

d'oh! lol sorry dude, definitely misread the OP.
    umm short of installing an electric bug zapper or having them call the exterminator ... i got no clue (as exemplified by my lack of reading skills: hah)
    i'll just stay off this thread....