Home Non Cigar Related

What Colorado is dealing with- with clip from Waldo

firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
From the back yard. The High Park fire is 40 miles away from me but it looks like right next door. Hot dry weather for the next few days will be a real **** for the 1600 fire fighters working it. They say they may not get this one out untill August. The 80 sqare miles its burned so far is where me and the family used to hunt, camp and fish. My heart goes out to all that have lost their homes and live.

Photobucket

Comments

• jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    oh my gosh. you weren't kidding at all when you said that. oh man...
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be careful brother!
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    I have never experienced anything like this...be careful and take care of yourself and the family Brett.
  • Bucking_WBucking_W Posts: 208 ✭✭
    I had this last year in Austin from our backyard. Fires never got close but the smoke made it feel as if the fire was coming any second. Sleeping at night and smelling smoke wasn't fun either. My family and I put everything valuable into out gun safe just in case the house did go up in flames. Hope the best for you stay safe Amigo.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys. I live in greeley, which is 20 miles from the foothills. There is alot of green corn fields plus I25 for the fire to surpass before it gets to me. Its just jaw dropping on how distructive mother nature is when she wants to be.

It was snowing ash last night, thats a first for me.....
  • gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    My son lives in Windsor-Weld County sheriff deputy. Tough times down there. I experienced ash snow here in MT when Yellowstone burned up in 1989-wierd and messy. Stay safe.
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    that really sucks, stay safe!
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Be safe out there, man.
    Light 'em up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Stay safe bro.
    It just wont go out...... Day 13 and only 60% contained. Set a recored in Denver today at 102 and will be all of that this coming weekend. Looks like we will have to wait for the snow to put this one out.

Photobucket
  • BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    Just checking in on Brett and FTG, the only ones I know in CO, how is it boys? Staying safe I hope! Just saw on the news that it is getting worse.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I hope the firefighters have good benefits, I get sick every time these guys risk their lives and then get Crapped on.
    Everything seems to be cooling down on the fires, so good news. Check out the youtub vid below, 5 day clip watching the Waldo fires. On tuesday evening/night 340ish houses were lost as the fire came off the hills into Colorado Springs. The airforce academy is in the clip just below the mountains. Stay safe brothers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBA7eHY022k