Home General Discussion
Options

Favorite yardgar

Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
So I'd like to see what others really like as a nice yardgar, so far mine has been a rested nica libre. It's nice and earthy and not very sweet, but I'm always looking for the next good low priced smoke
Money can't buy taste

Comments

• Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    Don't really have a yard but I know what you're looking for. Check out AJ Fernandez Fresh Rolled. You can get them in either habano or maduro and the maduro is great. For the price you can't go wrong.
  • Options
    marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    Just picked some of those up the other day to fill this category
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    I never miss w/ Morro Castles. I can have that as a yard cigar or a sit and relax take my time kinda cigar.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I've been around here quite some time but what actually qualifies a stick as a yard gar?
  • Options
    brotheradambrotheradam Posts: 896
    I personally like either the Puros Indios Viejo or Arganese Connecticut.
  • Options
    brotheradam:
    I personally like either the Puros Indios Viejo or Arganese Connecticut.

+1 for the PI Viejo, great smoke for working outdoors
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    My pipe; filled with Captain Black
  • Options
    IMHO a yard gar is something that doesn't break the Bank but is enjoyable...something that is not something you need to sit back and really think about the complexity
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    AJ Fresh-Rolled or 5V Classics.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like to go with any 5 Vegas
  • Options
    taythegibs:
    AJ Fresh-Rolled or 5V Classics.

>br>+1 on the 5 Vegas Classic, great smoke as well
  • Options
    Honestly I really dislike 5vegas I have yet had one I enjoy slightly. But I will always keep a open mind... I did buy the deal of the day which did come with the relics so I'll see of that is any better then the ones I've tried
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AJ over run Robusto. I still havent found an AJ I wouldnt smoke while the lawnmower is running.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Though I hate yard work (allergies like a boss) GH Vintage 2002

• Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    5V Classic. Thinking the 5V A would be a good option too.
  • Options
    robertgreen30robertgreen30 Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭
    I like the AJ fresh rolls myself while sitting in the yard or porch
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    james40:
    I've been around here quite some time but what actually qualifies a stick as a yard gar?
    +1 i guess it means different things to different people, what I and Diamondog would consider yardgar's are probably pretty far apart from one another..
  • Options
    KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    what I and Diamondog would consider yardgar's are probably pretty far apart from one another..
    LOL..............I'd trade my best for DD's "yardgars" sight unseen............

• Options
    KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    Though I hate yard work (allergies like a boss) GH Vintage 2002

+1...........I always keep 20+ of these on hand.......and for cheap smoke, they age quite well

• Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    AJ Fresh Rolled or Plasencia Reserva Organica.
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Usually com sun grown or 5 Vegas classics :-) :-)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toombes:
    AJ Fresh Rolled or Plasencia Reserva Organica.

The cigar geek at the B&M suggested a bundle of fresh rolled to me yesterday. How long do you store them before you fire them up? What are they like once aged?
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    They are not fresh-rolled at all, it's just the name. Alex Svenson indicated that they were in fact aged for a few months before shipping them from the factory. They are a little harsh ROTT, but with a few more months they settle down.

If you want to try a few of the habano coronas, I can send some your way. PM me with your address.
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    HMR.

Come on, I'm surprised I was the first wise-ass to step up and say that.
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    firetruckguy:

Ahhh yes, the triple seven, I keep them stocked. I will also say the Nestor Miranda Doppelbok is my yardgar for a inexpensive smoke that is good.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OPUS X...LOL I wish. The day that i have enough extra $$ to consider that a yard gar, i'll be bombing all you fvckers with Charity Boxes....

But in all seriousness, my top 3 yardgars:
    La Perla Habana
    Kinky Friedman No. 4
    Gran Habano 3 SLS

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    I've come to the conclusion that the Oliva V robusto can be enjoyed anytime. In fact, my humidor is becoming pretty homogenous: Oliva V's, San Lotano Habanos and Ovals, MOW PA's, and Padron '64's take up just about 85 % of my humidor space. The other 15% are expensive, "special occasion" sticks.

If I can't enjoy one of those while puttering around in the garden, or pruning the bushes, etc., then I'm probably not iin the mood for a cigar anyway.
  • Options
    dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    I like Sancho Panza Double Maduros...can't go wrong there.