Home Non Cigar Related

Finally pulled the trigger (literally) and purchased a pistol.

kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
So I've been waiting and plotting and doing some shooting and really liked the way the Sig Sauer P226 felt in my hand over many others including S&W M&P, XD, Ruger SR, and then realized it was gonna be close to 8 bills. I was advised by a rep from Sig to locate and handle or shoot the Sig SP2022 .... Almost a P226 clone but with a polymer frame and a few less goodies , I did so and the gun felt identical ....... I fired it in 9mm and 40 S&W and the 40 rocked. I scowered every where looking for a great buy and then found an Internet deal for roughly a hundred bucks less, this deal is too good to be true and must be a recon or used or just plain wrong. I called and verified and purchased a brand new Sig SP2022 in 40 for 379 plus shipping. I will be picking it up on Tuesday and can't wait to send some lead down range.

Comments

• DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    kingjk729:
    So I've been waiting and plotting and doing some shooting and really liked the way the Sig Sauer P226 felt in my hand over many others including S&W M&P, XD, Ruger SR, and then realized it was gonna be close to 8 bills. I was advised by a rep from Sig to locate and handle or shoot the Sig SP2022 .... Almost a P226 clone but with a polymer frame and a few less goodies , I did so and the gun felt identical ....... I fired it in 9mm and 40 S&W and the 40 rocked. I scowered every where looking for a great buy and then found an Internet deal for roughly a hundred bucks less, this deal is too good to be true and must be a recon or used or just plain wrong. I called and verified and purchased a brand new Sig SP2022 in 40 for 379 plus shipping. I will be picking it up on Tuesday and can't wait to send some lead down range.
    Nice pick up dude
  • JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    Nice. I have a Sig P228. Love it. But Sigs (hell guns) are like cigars. Its a slippery slope. Enjoy the SP2022 I heard its a great gun.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Sweet!!
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Thanks fellas .... The Sig dude just pointed me in the right direction and I read tons of reviews and was convinced and when I shot it in 40 I was sold hard.
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    JHewey:
    Nice. I have a Sig P228. Love it. But Sigs (hell guns) are like cigars. Its a slippery slope. Enjoy the SP2022 I heard its a great gun.
    Thats what I carry right now, I wish I had my Glock
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Awesome guns, the Sig. I guess I'll stick with my trusty IA Desert Eagle in .40SW.
  • big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    That's what I want to get for my first gun a sig p229, maybe for Christmas
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Right on... I know there's a ton of guys into guns on these forums. I've learned a lot from some of them - I was eyeballing a pistol myself for the past few months (was going to be a .357 for me, though), but ended up deciding against it. Sometime in the future, though, I look forward to getting into it!
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • StreaterStreater Posts: 293
    Well done. Sig makes a great weapon.
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    marineatbn03:
    JHewey:
    Thats what I carry right now, I wish I had my Glock
    I am very interested to why you say this marineatbn03. I have never owned either but know alot of guys who carry one or the other and swear by it. Why do you miss your Glock, your answer might make my next purchase easier.
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    The Sig is a good gun, don't get me wrong, but I have fired a few different ones and they do get some malfunctions, especially the older they get. I have one Glock that has had roughly 500k+ rounds through it and still fires like a champ with no malfunctions. The one I carry concealed is a 30 model compact .45 and I have put a couple thousand through it and it still fires like a dream. I just enjoy my Glocks because they are low maintenance and are reliable. And you can't beat the quality at the price point. Now, I understand it is a matter of opinion, and you either like Glocks or you don't, but as a Pistol/Rifle instructor for many years, I always get the question "Which gun should I buy for concealed/home pretection?" The best answer I could come up with, is to buy the one you shoot the best. Although a gun may be top of the line, it doesn't mean that it is going to fit your particular shooting style or hands. Like I said, a Sig is a great gun, just not my style and I seem to have more problems with them than others. And Glocks I relate to AK-47's, they may not win you a match competition, but you can expect it to fire when you pull that trigger.
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    Good info and thank you. That is just what I wanted to hear I love my 1911 and Beretta 92 for that reason but need something a little smaller. Def thinking about looking at a glock now.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread sucks without pics!
  • TheedgeTheedge Posts: 316
    Congrats on the purchase. I own quite a few handguns, but there is something about the sig - so smooth.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    This thread sucks without pics!

I'm picking it up from the FFL on wednesday and will post some pics just for you Jake.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    I finally bought a little revolver for home defense. It's a Rossi .357 Magnum. We don't ever really plan on using it, so I decided to keep it reasonable and stay small. IMAG0191
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America