Home Cigar 101

Cello Question for the group

This is going to sound like a stupid question but I think it is a viable question. How is the humidity in the humidor suppsed to reach the cigar if the cigar is still inside the cello? Osmosis? Inquiring minds want to know. Thanks all!

Comments

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    sure is.. lol.. no the cello is porous so air can get into the cigar. there might be more to it but we've had this talk a couple of times before. A search might bring more info for ya.
  • robert69165robert69165 Posts: 219
    Thanks squirrely, I'll search around for it.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Also regarding cello, i reuse the hell out of mine. Sometimes i get sticks from the B&M or online that come without, i put saved cello on them and that really helps to protect the wrapper.
  • smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    Jetmech_63:
    Also regarding cello, i reuse the hell out of mine. Sometimes i get sticks from the B&M or online that come without, i put saved cello on them and that really helps to protect the wrapper.
    Huh... I need to start doing that.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    We need the mod to sticky some of these commonly asked things. I think this is at least the 4th or 5th time that I have seen this question come up.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    smbrink:
    Jetmech_63:
    Yeah, me too...for some reason, that never dawned on me. Could be because I am not a smart man.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Luko:
    smbrink:
    Jetmech_63:
    Yeah, me too...for some reason, that never dawned on me. Could be because I am not a smart man.
    Not true.. You just don't recycle..Me, I'm just messy, I toss them in the glove compartment of my car, in drawers of the garage, I have a cigar box that I keep all my smoking stuff in.. lighters, cutters, and dozens of cello wrappers. And, I hate chipped wrappers.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    I don't usually save them to reuse, but I take a Sharpie and mark on each cello the date the cigar went in the humi.