Home Ratings & Reviews

Padron 1964 Anniversary

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
I bought one of these over the weekend at my local B&M, I heard some good things about this cigar. Has anyone tried one of these yet? did you age it before you smoked it? If so, how long? The cigar I bought was the last one in the box, and it a great sheen to it. It was in perfect condition. I can't wait to smoke it.

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    These are some of my favorite smokes out there. both the nats and the mads are great IMO. I bought a box back in October and have tried to have one once a month. Even though they are good right out of the box, after about 5 months, they have continued to get better and better.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    wow, u bought a box of these?? what did that run you? around $350?

"Long ashes my friends."

The exclusivos on ccom after the COTM discount were about $230. Worth it in my opinion.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    nice deal there brandon. I've tried the 64 both nat and maduro and still like the 26 a little more.
    I think it depends on the day for me. The 26 definitely has more depth and complexity and is a bit stronger in body, but some days the 64 is the icing on the cake for me. I have yet to smoke them both in one day....maybe I'll have to do that.
  • kaelariakaelaria Posts: 572
    I just reviewed the 1964 and it was the first Padron I liked enough to consider purchasing again. I have a 1926 80 year aging to try later. http://cigarobsession.com/2009/04/20/padron-1964-anniversary-series-corona/
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    bbc020:
    I think it depends on the day for me. The 26 definitely has more depth and complexity and is a bit stronger in body, but some days the 64 is the icing on the cake for me. I have yet to smoke them both in one day....maybe I'll have to do that.
    It depends on the day for me too. Some days I'll think the '64 is way better than the '26, other days I'll think it is only much better. :)