Home Non Cigar Related

The squirrel is getting....

phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
an Iphone! Yes my job who I am/have been trying to quite is giving us all Iphones. Today we had this massive meeting on how to use it. It was funny because there were a lot that didn't know anything about these smartphones. Anyway I have to say my hatred for the Iphone was mainly for the company and how they treat their customers/workers but today after playing with it for some times I now can say I don't like it because it makes you do more to do the same things on an android. It also lacks customization. Sure it looks pretty but that's about all. I asked why we didn't get galaxy 2's or something and I was told we got the Iphone. So no reason why, just shut up and deal with it.

Comments

• beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Don't be so phobic. You'll get used to it and never look back. Check out the app store.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    beatnic:
    Don't be so phobic. You'll get used to it and never look back. Check out the app store.
    This is pretty much what happened to me. I resisted iAnything because I hate the word proprietary and Apple's arrogance so much. My boss (who is also one of my best friends) had been on me to try the iPhone for years, and when my company phone **** the bed he got me one as a replacement.

I have to admit, after using it for a pretty short period of time I dont even use my personal phone anymore. Its forwarded to the company iPhone, and hasnt even been turned on in months. One of the things I L
    beatnic:
    This is pretty much what happened to me. I resisted iAnything because I hate the word proprietary and Apple's arrogance so much. My boss (who is also one of my best friends) had been on me to try the iPhone for years, and when my company phone **** the bed he got me one as a replacement.

I have to admit, after using it for a pretty short period of time I dont even use my personal phone anymore. Its forwarded to the company iPhone, and hasnt even been turned on in months. One of the things I like best about it is its stability - I have yet to have a single problem with it. The personal phone is an HTC EVO 3D, and it is a GLITCH RIDDEN POS! Turned it on tonight just for giggles and guess what - not a single update in months, even though HTC and Sprint are extremely aware of the problems users are having all over the place.

iPhone for life here baby!

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    The Sniper:
    beatnic:

I have to admit, after using it for a pretty short period of time I dont even use my personal phone anymore. Its forwarded to the company iPhone, and hasnt even been turned on in months. One of the things I like best about it is its stability - I have yet to have a single problem with it. The personal phone is an HTC EVO 3D, and it is a GLITCH RIDDEN POS! Turned it on tonight just for giggles and guess what - not a single update in months, even though HTC and Sprint are extremely aware of the problems users are having all over the place.

Well I was saying that I don't like the iphone, and it is missing features that the androids have. To each his own but you get a lot more from an android. Not sure about the evo 3d, don't have that one. Hear good things though. But not as good as the galaxy and nexus phones.
    phobicsquirrel:
    The Sniper:
    beatnic:

Well I was saying that I don't like the iphone, and it is missing features that the androids have. To each his own but you get a lot more from an android. Not sure about the evo 3d, don't have that one. Hear good things though. But not as good as the galaxy and nexus phones.
    Oh, just because customization isnt as EASY on the iPhone doesnt mean it cant be done Pheebs. Apple seems to very much want you to have what THEY give you, and dont make it nearly as user friendly to customize... took me damned near a week and inventing about 37 new curse words to figure out how to create custom ringtones from songs for example, but I got it done and Im not the most tech savvy BOTL we've got by a long shot.

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Sniper:
    phobicsquirrel:
    The Sniper:
    beatnic:

Oh, just because customization isnt as EASY on the iPhone doesnt mean it cant be done Pheebs. Apple seems to very much want you to have what THEY give you, and dont make it nearly as user friendly to customize... took me damned near a week and inventing about 37 new curse words to figure out how to create custom ringtones from songs for example, but I got it done and Im not the most tech savvy BOTL we've got by a long shot.

Well, call me old-fashioned, (I'm an oldfart, after all) but I don't bother with all that custom ring tone BS. I want my phone to sound like a f*ckin' phone when it rings. All that groovy-doovy boolshit that some folks have for a ringtone makes me want to puke. LOL. The only concession I was willing to make was to program it so it shows a picture of whoever is calling. As for apps that are available for my iPhone, I love it. Seems like there's way more than I could ever use and more becoming available all the time. My phone may not have all the bells and whistles other guys have, but it suits this oldfart just fine.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    jlmarta:
    The Sniper:
    phobicsquirrel:
    The Sniper:
    beatnic:

Well, call me old-fashioned, (I'm an oldfart, after all) but I don't bother with all that custom ring tone BS. I want my phone to sound like a f*ckin' phone when it rings. All that groovy-doovy boolshit that some folks have for a ringtone makes me want to puke. LOL. The only concession I was willing to make was to program it so it shows a picture of whoever is calling. As for apps that are available for my iPhone, I love it. Seems like there's way more than I could ever use and more becoming available all the time. My phone may not have all the bells and whistles other guys have, but it suits this oldfart just fine.
    Meh, I was against custom ringtones, until I found out I could put the theme song from The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly on it :D
    xmacro:
    jlmarta:
    The Sniper:
    phobicsquirrel:
    The Sniper:
    beatnic:

Meh, I was against custom ringtones, until I found out I could put the theme song from The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly on it :D
    I like it because I can set different ringtones to different contacts. That way, if its somebody I DONT want to talk to, I know whether to ignore it or not. ;-)

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    The Sniper:
    phobicsquirrel:
    The Sniper:
    beatnic:

lol.. Well put.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I switched from Android to Apple iPhone and as soon as I can I am going back to Android. Don't get me wrong iPhone has some great features. The call quality is garbage. This is a phone for me first so strike one. Customization can be done but it is not nearly as user friendly or on such a wide scale as Android. Strike two. I cannot customize my alert tones for individual things and if you silence anything it shuts down sound for everything. Call volume is connected to notifications and since I work on call I need my ringer loud but I do not want my notifications loud and waking me up in the night every five minutes. Strike three.