Home Cigar 101

I have a flat cigar...

JZerbyJZerby Posts: 122
A buddy of mine sent me some cigars a while back and I've been meaning to post about this since I got them. One of them is a box-pressed thing. I usually use a punch cutter on that but...I can't on this one because it is flat. It's about as wide across as a 50 rg, but is flat like a wafer. It stands in the humi about half the height of the rest of my cigars. How do I cut that when I want to smoke it?

Comments

• JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    I think it works just like a chisel top. Just pinch. Never had one myself but thats my 2 cents.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Is it an "Acid"?
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sounds like it's a "chisel tip
    does it look like this?

if so, there's a few different ways you can cut/punch it...there's a couple threads about "chisel tips" - this thread CLICK CLICK is the most recent, might be what you're looking for.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

jgibv:
    does it look like this?

if so, there's a few different ways you can cut/punch it...there's a couple threads about "chisel tips" - this thread CLICK CLICK is the most recent, might be what you're looking for.
    Thats not flat. I was thinking it may be an Acid "Wafe" I think its called (like Wafer)
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KCW:
    Thats not flat. I was thinking it may be an Acid "Wafe" I think its called (like Wafer)
    True - maybe I was confused as to what JZerby was referring to when he said "flat" ....

If it's a flat/wafer then i agree with you, probably the Acid "Wafe" or I think there's a DE Jave "wafe" vitola....for either of those i'd say a v-cut would be the best bet.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to gomez heaven!! His sticks are great!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • JZerbyJZerby Posts: 122
    KCW:
    jgibv:
    does it look like this?

it looks like an acid wafe, but it isn't one of those. Not sure what it is. It's unbanded and he told me it comes from a defunct tobacco company.
    JZerby:
    KCW:
    jgibv:
    does it look like this?

it looks like an acid wafe, but it isn't one of those. Not sure what it is. It's unbanded and he told me it comes from a defunct tobacco company.
    I've heard some guys just punch the top on Chisel tips so, if you like the punch try that. (I don't believe you go all the way thru though. Not exactly sure how its done.) You can try squeezing the sides like on a Chiseil and see if it pops open or just carefully cut the very end off.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only flat cigars I can thing of are the Acid Wafe and Java Wafe.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i would bet money that it is the rocky patel I press. dont just pinch it. you need to cut that thing with a double guillotine.
  • letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Posts: 677 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    i would bet money that it is the rocky patel I press. dont just pinch it. you need to cut that thing with a double guillotine.
    I was guessing either that or the oliva mbIII
    letsgowithbob:
    kuzi16:
    I was guessing either that or the oliva mbIII
    the MBIII are still more "cigar shaped" than flat. Flat is Flat.
  • seagarloverseagarlover Posts: 437
    Here is my flat CGAR from "VINCENT ST. CLAIR" 6X70 GAUGE, i'M NOT INTO BOX PRESSED, tINA HAD SENT THIS TO ME AS A TRIAL SMOKE Photobucket Photobucket Great taste, BUT that's about it, I will not have this flat stick in my HUMI any time soon
    why dont we ALL shut up...
    lol

its been a long time since i have had a VC. maybe i should seek one out and give it a go. a bunch of people around here dont like em. im not even sure if i do.
  • scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    kuzi16:
    lol

its been a long time since i have had a VC. maybe i should seek one out and give it a go. a bunch of people around here dont like em. im not even sure if i do.
    It's like a fancy White owl.
    scarlin:
    kuzi16:
    lol

VCs are long filler arent they?
    ...and i dont usually see them at gas stations.
  • scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    kuzi16:
    scarlin:
    kuzi16:
    lol

VCs are long filler arent they?
    ...and i dont usually see them at gas stations.
    Well then it's like a fancy -insert brand of long filler gas station stogies-.

As you can tell I'm not a fan.
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    I gotta go with kuzi on the I press for the mystery stick.

and I gotta go with scarlin that VS are terrible. Probably the worst long filler cigar Ive ever smoked. The thought of a 6x70 makes me wanna puke.