Home Non Cigar Related

What do you do when you're up all night? - for the nightowls

j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
Today I decided to bake bread. The dough ball is rising right now...this is my first time baking bread, if I somehow pull it off I'll post back. The more likely scenario is I pretend this never happened. Wink [;)]

Comments

• taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    i read... a lot. i probably read for 5-6 hours a night.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Toss/turn, last night I watched American Ninja Warrior until 4am.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    You guys nailed what I normally do, either read or toss/turn then watch tv. Decided to make use of my time today, and I'm glad I did. There's something weird to me about kneading dough at 4:30 am, but by some miracle the bread turned out pretty good, as good as any bread I've had.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I also read and sometimes workout if I can be quiet enough and not wake up the girls. I also like to write, do puzzles. Sometimes I finish up odd projects around the house. What kind of bread did you make Joe?
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS3
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • StreaterStreater Posts: 293
    Cocaine and strippers. Been over a decade for me, though.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    After many years of speed abuse I find I can't stay up past 12am lol
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    I dress up like an anthropomorphic bat and fight crime to avenge the death of my parents. And I eat ice cream.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I concoct alter egos and devise plans how to dump Padilla Obsidians and Graycliff 1966s on some poor unsuspecting, but well deserving, BOTL.
  • *Petey**Petey* Posts: 375
    bandyt09:
    I concoct alter egos and devise plans how to dump Padilla Obsidians and Graycliff 1966s on some poor unsuspecting, but well deserving, BOTL.
    LOL,

my favorite part of that thread was that he smoked a few any was saying how much he's enjoying them and then you guys quoted those posts with the mash up of all the times he's crapped on both of those cigars. that was fun.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    *Petey*:
    bandyt09:
    LOL,

my favorite part of that thread was that he smoked a few any was saying how much he's enjoying them and then you guys quoted those posts with the mash up of all the times he's crapped on both of those cigars. that was fun.
    Might have cost an entire state of innocent victims, but it was a good time to be sure... :-D

• rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Doesn't happen to me that often but if I can't sleep then I read, write, swim or cook. Sometime I drive to the Masaya volcano. It is beautiful at night because I can still see the red lava.
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    Streater:
    Ahhh, the good old days! Ccom for me at night now. Kinda depressing when ya put it that way!
  • bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    PS3
    Xbox ftw
    After my "success" yesterday baking bread, (I measure success by the fact that the end product was edible), I decided to try my hand at a braided egg bread. After doing just about everything wrong, somehow it seems to have worked out...if nothing else, I got a decent looking loaf of bread, edibility has yet to be determined.

• StreaterStreater Posts: 293
    Nice, J0z3r. If it turns out well, could you send me the recipe? I love cooking.
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    typically, I would wait for Joe to come online. When he does, we talk about our day and count sheep together so that we can fall into stage 3 sleep.
    Streater:
    Nice, J0z3r. If it turns out well, could you send me the recipe? I love cooking.
    I'll post a link to the recipe. If my bread doesn't taste good or feel right, I know it's not the recipe's fault, but mine. Here's a link. http://smittenkitchen.com/2008/09/best-challah-egg-bread/

• jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am definitely a night owl. Worked midnight shifts almost my entire 11 year law enforcement career. Now in the new career I work on call but often work during the night. I love to read. Sometimes watch tv. Used to spend a ton of time on the Xbox 360 but I haven't played in months. If I am working on a project I will watch youtube videos on the subject or research something online that I plan on purchasing.

I have never baked bread or anything else. There is nothing better then homemade bread though. I want to buy my wife one of those bread makers.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    I like making my own sourdough bread.
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bigfnsteve:
    danielzreyes:
    PS3
    Xbox ftw
    Computer gaming for the true win
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    I grab my churchwarden pipe, load it with Frog Morton on the town and watch LotR in the driveway on my laptop and smoke it up.

Btw, you can actually get your virginity back doing this. Sadly the pimples from your youth come back as well.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Roberto99:
    Streater:
    Ahhh, the good old days! Ccom for me at night now. Kinda depressing when ya put it that way!
    Maybe but at least you have a low chance of getting some disease....

Jozer, nice looking bread and thanks for the recipe, going to make it this weekend.