Home Non Cigar Related

Missing Thread - Flooding in MN

beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
This thread was up last night and I even posted on it. Now its gone. Wonder why. Maybe the government pulled it because it mentioned the Cor of Engines? I thought it was an acceptable discussion.

Comments

• HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    The original poster requested that it be removed because of one of our member's incredibly callous and offensive response (I guess moderators can delete threads, I never realized that).
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Heavy:
    The original poster requested that it be removed because of one of our member's incredibly callous and offensive response (I guess moderators can delete threads, I never realized that).
    Curious...What was the offensive response and who said it?

I realize cigar.com isn't the government, but any kind of censorship worries me. We're all big boys and girls here.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy:

Hmmm. It wouldn't serve any purpose but might be interesting to know which member that was. Is it possible that the post was meant as a joke, as tasteless as that would have been?
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    The poster gave a very heartfelt and sincere appology to the OP. I respect him for doing it publicly.
  • arhassettarhassett Posts: 10
    I requested the thread to be erased. Also; what this other member said in response to my started thread was appalling and was in no way a "joke" of any type. Honestly, I wanted the thread to be removed because what this member said makes him look like a heartless person, which I do not think he is. His comments maybe what he truly feels but was in no way appropriate in my opinion. However, it takes a big person to apologize and he did that.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    arhassett:
    I requested the thread to be erased. Also; what this other member said in response to my started thread was appalling and was in no way a "joke" of any type. Honestly, I wanted the thread to be removed because what this member said makes him look like a heartless person, which I do not think he is. His comments maybe what he truly feels but was in no way appropriate in my opinion. However, it takes a big person to apologize and he did that.
    Glad you stuck around and i know he will be too.
    Direwolf:
    arhassett:
    Glad you stuck around and i know he will be too.

Thank you Direwolf I look forward to contributing to this great site.
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    arhassett:
    Hey man, glad to see you stuck around too. I have to say your attitude is beyond admirable. Pull up a chair and grab a smoke - this place is great!
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I hope it wasn't my post. LOL.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was me and I am glad my apology was accepted. I vented personal feelings that were inappropriate and regretful. Glad it was removed. A fellow BOTL posted something he was personally experiencing and I made it about me. No excuse is acceptable. Was having a horrible day and dealing with a family issue not that it matters. I truly regretted my comment and it bothered me all night. I wasn't making a joke and I am not heartless person. Thank you for accepting my apology and I hope you stick around.
    jsnake:
    It was me and I am glad my apology was accepted. I vented personal feelings that were inappropriate and regretful. Glad it was removed. A fellow BOTL posted something he was personally experiencing and I made it about me. No excuse is acceptable. Was having a horrible day and dealing with a family issue not that it matters. I truly regretted my comment and it bothered me all night. I wasn't making a joke and I am not heartless person. Thank you for accepting my apology and I hope you stick around.

No problem jsnake. I understand; we all can have bad days and things go from there. Completely understandable. I 100% accept your apology and I will leave it at that. Maybe some day we can light up a few! I will be sticking around for sure.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    A quality forum here, gentlemen!
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    A quality forum here, gentlemen!

WOW. I have been a part of MANY forums. Tech, Gaming, Skate, Music, Cigars, ETC... I have NEVER seen it worked out like that.... Like gentlemen. I applaud the both of you. Glad to see both parties are still here and all is well. Good job guys! Keep up the good work.