Home Non Cigar Related

Resume Builder

deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
Anyone know of an ACTUAL free site? I just spent an hour on two different sites to build one and I get to the end to DL or print it and it says I have to pay. I am now in a state of anger and ready to punch my computer screen.

Comments

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried googling it? Seems like lotsa sites available there but I couldn't recommend any 'cuz I don't know your specific needs. Anyway......
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    ya I have googled, I am now on 6 sites all of them said free and then said have to pay at the end. I think I found one now though, but my daughter exited out 1/2 way through... to angry and irritated to try now.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Do you have any sort of word processing software (like Microsoft Word) ?? Because that will have a several templates you can choose from to help you put together a professional-looking resume...
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
    Hays:
    Do you have any sort of word processing software (like Microsoft Word) ?? Because that will have a several templates you can choose from to help you put together a professional-looking resume...
    nopers
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    I grabbed a decent one of a torrent a few years back
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    deejmemixx:
    Hays:
    nopers
    You have absolutely no way to type something up on your computer? How do you have internet access to post on this forum, but are lacking basic office tools? I only say that to be sure that you know what I'm referring to...

And if so, look up OpenOffice. It's a free office tools suite you can download that works damn well near as efficiently as anything else you pay for, and it will have templates for you as well.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
    Hays:
    deejmemixx:
    Hays:
    nopers
    You have absolutely no way to type something up on your computer? How do you have internet access to post on this forum, but are lacking basic office tools? I only say that to be sure that you know what I'm referring to...

And if so, look up OpenOffice. It's a free office tools suite you can download that works damn well near as efficiently as anything else you pay for, and it will have templates for you as well.
    thats what I am looking for... I have typing things like wordpad and notebook, but wanted templates so it looked decent and what not. I lack office tools as I have never needed any.. up until recently all I needed a pc for was gaming... Thanks for the suggestion on OpenOffice
  • happy0611happy0611 Posts: 1
    You will find many resume builder tools in online. You will find a tools at http://resumecompanion.com .
    Using that tools you can create a nice resume , because you need not think about formatting, font sizes, page margins, etc.
  • I can't say I'm an expert at resumes, but being in college and interning in a commercial bank, I worked with many career advisers in building my resume. obviously it probably won't include educational type items on your resume, but you don't want to use a template from word or online (employers hate that). Just use a format without a template

http://jobsearch.about.com/od/sampleresumes/a/resumeformat.htm

Probably don't need an objective, but honestly that plain vanilla format is your golden ticket. All of the employers I've talked to love that simple easy to read format, they spend on average 10 seconds on your resume, so they only look for key items, so just be concise.

Hope that helps.