Home General Discussion

Padron Flavor Profile

ZAPZAP Posts: 186 ✭✭
This used to be one of my favorite sticks but I never seem to find good deals on-line so I have not had it much in the last five years or so.  Picked one up at a B & M the other day (place also had the most colorful expensive bong collection for sale I've ever seen)...

Anyhow...it tasted as I remembered..how would you characterize the taste of the basic level Padrons...I had a 3000 which is kind of my go-to Padron and to me it is very nutty and perhaps toasty?  Been into this hobby for 10 years or so but still learning the taste profiles..

Comments

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the maduros... when I think of padrons, I think sweet and spicy.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    That's a good one. I find them to be a bit woody with some spice and cocoa. I like the '26 the best out of their regular lines. The 80th maduro and the Family Reserves are also really nice. I love the 46 and the 85th. The 45th isn't too bad just for some reason I haven't really enjoyed it all that much. I have another one that's been resting for some time now, maybe when I fire it up I'll change my tune (it's a maduro).
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭

Padron is a unique cigar but not all of them are 100% Nicaraguan puros. Some of them also use Mexican San Andres Maduro wrapper. They use tobaccos from Esteli, Condega and Jalapa in Nicaragua. They use a lot of aged Esteli ligeros in their blend for spiciness.

Padron is one of those rare company who plant the seeds, grow, age(from 2 up to 10 years) and rolled them under their careful supervision and management. They have five core lines and they stick with it- thousand series, 1964 Anniversary series, 1926 Anniversary series, Family Reserve series and the Special release(Padron Millennium and 1926 40th Anniversary). Padron strictly stick with their core line. Few company can do it with such a popularity and demand. I respect Padron for this.

Padron’s flavor profile is very complex and unique. As a huge Cuban cigar fan, I still need to smoke aged Padron once in a while. The body is medium to full but the newly released cigars are not always smooth and also has the typical Nicaraguan acidic taste on the side and back of the tongue. However, some aging makes Padron unique. The flavor profile is distinctive with leather, cedar, coffee, cocoa, chocolate, nuts, bitter sweetness, spice with complexity and long finish. Some long aged cigars also has hints of caramel and pecan kind of flavor. Aged Padrons has very smooth, round and creamy texture. They comes in Natural and Maduro wrapper. I love Padron only when they got some aging in it.
    ZAP:
    This used to be one of my favorite sticks but I never seem to find good deals on-line so I have not had it much in the last five years or so.  Picked one up at a B & M the other day (place also had the most colorful expensive bong collection for sale I've ever seen)...

Anyhow...it tasted as I remembered..how would you characterize the taste of the basic level Padrons...I had a 3000 which is kind of my go-to Padron and to me it is very nutty and perhaps toasty?  Been into this hobby for 10 years or so but still learning the taste profiles..
  • scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    Padron is one of those companies that you rarely find deals on. If you ever see a deal, BITE!
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    +1
    scarlin:
    Padron is one of those companies that you rarely find deals on. If you ever see a deal, BITE!
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZAP:

Sounds ilke a place here in Mass
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Zap...ccom has excellent pricing, and there are a few other avenues. PM me for details... Rip nailed flavor profile. I would add that vitola makes a huge difference I prefer smaller rings in natural, larger in Maduro.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok guys, let me start off by saying we all have different tastes in life. One man's garbage is another's treasure and all that. This is my personal opinion and definitely not the popular stance on Padron. I have tried a lot of Padron Cigars and realize that they are a favorite of many. Never heard a bad word about them. I don't mean to be rude but smoking a Padron cigar has the flavor of licking a dirty cigarette smoker's ashtray. This is the only cigar line I have ever threw out without finishing and I have smoked some dog rockets to the nub. I wish I liked them. I want to like them but I don't and I have tried almost every line.

For you guys who think I am nuts just realize that means more Padron cigars for you. I wish I could experience what you guys do and I have given them a second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth chance. Then again I love Gurkha Cigars and some of you feel the same way about those. All subjective.
  • bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    You're weird :p
    I know. My brother in law's favorite cigars.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    Ok guys, let me start off by saying we all have different tastes in life. One man's garbage is another's treasure and all that. This is my personal opinion and definitely not the popular stance on Padron. I have tried a lot of Padron Cigars and realize that they are a favorite of many. Never heard a bad word about them. I don't mean to be rude but smoking a Padron cigar has the flavor of licking a dirty cigarette smoker's ashtray. This is the only cigar line I have ever threw out without finishing and I have smoked some dog rockets to the nub. I wish I liked them. I want to like them but I don't and I have tried almost every line.

For you guys who think I am nuts just realize that means more Padron cigars for you. I wish I could experience what you guys do and I have given them a second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth chance. Then again I love Gurkha Cigars and some of you feel the same way about those. All subjective.
    totally understand, I can't stand most fuente and tatauje... However, have you ever had an Anny Maduro or famil reserve Maduro? Just curious
    catfishbluezz:
    jsnake:

totally understand, I can't stand most fuente and tatauje... However, have you ever had an Anny Maduro or famil reserve Maduro? Just curious
    Yes I have and I did not like them. I am not a huge Tat fan either. They aren't bad but they just aren't the flavor profile I like.

I find all your insights on the flavor profile on Padrons interesting. It always amazes me to see how different the same cigar can be for each individual.

I like a good wood flavor with a hint of sweetness or cocoa undertones. Guys are big into spicy cigars and I really don't like spicy cigars. Some are good but it isn't a thing I look for. My Bro in law thinks the spicier the better.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    rzaman:
    +1
    scarlin:
    +1 but they are worth every penny!! I'm a sucker for the 64's and have not found a better stick for the money. Also the consistency is incredible!!
    Money can't buy taste