Home Cigar 101

herfador prep

twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
ok my lovelywife purchased me 5 count herfador(byhumicare) for fathers day,along with an awesome sampler of @ 40 cigars.my question is do i need to do anything to prepare it for use there were no instructions with it.i really do not want to ruin it. thankyou for any input
no matter where you go, there you are.

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    all you have to do is put cigars in there.
    pay no mind to the little puck of foam. it seals so well that it isnt needed if you are holding cigars in there for less than 7-10 days.
    if you worry then put a water pillow in there but only in the colder months.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Ain't life grand when the wife supports your hobby. I usally just put a drop or 2 of cigar juice in the puck. But now maybe not. Always go with the Kuzi.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    The3Stogies:
    Ain't life grand when the wife supports your hobby. I usally just put a drop or 2 of cigar juice in the puck. But now maybe not. Always go with the Kuzi.
    this isnt a problem. its not like it will hurt the cigars. it just isnt needed for shorter periods of time. if i am going to opening it and closing it a lot on a week vacation ill put humidification in there. if i just need to hold things for a week and open it one day i dont.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes it is nice.she has been very supportive of my hobby.im usually telling her i think thats enough for today when where out picking up cigars.
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• josiahcoljosiahcol Posts: 70
    twistedstem:
    yes it is nice.she has been very supportive of my hobby.im usually telling her i think thats enough for today when where out picking up cigars.
    Props to you, thats awesome! Any idea where i can find a girl like that, They seem few and far between up here in the North
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife was very anti cigars and even threatened to start smoking cigs if I ventured into cigar land...fast forward and she's suggesting when it would be a good time to have a smoke. I'm a lucky guy, but patience is the key. Good for you BTW one less argument!!!!
  • PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    i like to drop a lil boveda pack in mine. love my herfador
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I still have my Herf-a-Dor that Kuzi sent me and it works great and I've never really put any humidification in it at all, just my cigars.