Home Non Cigar Related

Life, Maturity and other stuff I know nothing about

LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
I just wanted to post to put my thoughts down as I smoke a nice cigar on this beautiful day.

Growing up I didn't know I was poor, I just lived it. But when I got to college and learned the term "CREDIT CARD" I was blown away about what I could buy, I didn't have much money OR credit, but I fancied things like stereos, large TVs, kegerators etc. My college roommates were super excited to live with me for I loved to get new things and usually that meant my old stuff was soon discarded to them or I bought cool things for the whole house. I messed up with that and even on the road to recovery from debt I still was a material person and needed better things (watches, jet skis etc). But since then I've dated and proposed to a lovely woman, adopted and care for a pet and am looking to the future and towards my family/retirement not my material things.

Even when I started smoking cigars some years ago I wanted fancy bands, fancy brands and tried my hardest to get Cubans, just because they were cuban. I also smoked as many cigars as I could just to get my stick count up and to get my palate finely tuned trying to find the BEST cigar ever. I tried so hard to get flavors and nuances of a cigar, I'd write super detailed notes and every puff was a paragraph for I couldn't miss a thing. The only things I've missed though, was the experience of a cigar. I actually used to buy super cheap cigars for smoking with friends or when doing work. My thought was that I wouldn't be concentrating on the cigar, so I wouldn't be able to fine tune my palate so it wasn't worth it to smoke a good one.

Now I am loading as much as I can into a future wedding and a retirement fund. I have a 9 year old TV that works just fine and the fianc

Comments

• LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    But keep in mind, I still pound Miller Lite like a cheap steak quite frequently, so I'm not totally that different!
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    weird. I have no idea who you are but after reading that, it's almost like I'm looking into a mirror.

Oh, and you're very welcome on me schooling you about life.
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jliu:
    weird. I have no idea who you are but after reading that, it's almost like I'm looking into a mirror.

Oh, and you're very welcome on me schooling you about life.
    He is a midget Asian too?
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Cool posts brother. It's all one big balancing act.

For instance, I just grilled dinner for my wife and kids, had a nice dinner with them, then came back into my office to finish up some work which I'm doing now (sort of). And I'm knocking back a couple of Miller Lites as we speak. Balancing like a damn circus freak bro.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    I've yet to get to that point; though I'm not in any debt, my wallet could be much fatter if I didn't buy everything I liked. That said, the things I buy, I really do like, and (for the most part) get quite an amount of use out of them.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Welcome to realville, Lassie. You're turning into a gun-totting responsible conservative. LOL. Now go spend some of that money on the little lady.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    best title of a post ever.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    Welcome to realville, Lassie. You're turning into a gun-totting responsible conservative. LOL. Now go spend some of that money on the little lady.
    WHAT THE HELL MAN!?!?! What if she SEES this post! *DELETE* *DELETE* HA!

I just bought her the engagement ring she picked out, but with a bigger stone... She's content for now!
  • letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Posts: 677 ✭✭
    Lasabar:
    beatnic:
    WHAT THE HELL MAN!?!?! What if she SEES this post! *DELETE* *DELETE* HA!

I just bought her the engagement ring she picked out, but with a bigger stone... She's content for now!

she probably would have rather had the smaller diamond, than the larger zirconia...

It's nice to Have you back Lassie, no we don't need any incorrectly spelled months anymore.
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Very interesting thought...thanks for sharing.