Home Ratings & Reviews

God of Fire Series B Toro Review

phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭

God Of Fire Series B Toro

What we have here is a min-review of this fine stick. For those of you who like god of fires or are curious your in for a treat. The series B is another line of the God of Fire. I will first like to say that I enjoy both the Carlos and the Carlito GOF so going into the Series B was a no brainer. Now these sticks are a bit pricey but what you get is a fantastic smoke.

What makes the Series B so special? Well it uses a Broadleaf Maduro for one so naturally I really wanted to try it, as I enjoy maduros so much. Before I get into the review I want to say that I just bought this guy yesterday at the local shop so it's really fresh. In fact it was the 2nd to last one they had. Now some of you might be asking, well what about the robusto? Well I thought about buying that one too, however at 20 bucks and beings as I just got my box yesterday of the robusto's I figured why spend another 20. I mean sure I have the box but my wife won't let me open it as it is her Xmas gift to me so I have to wait till xmas to smoke it. But I will post up a review of that too just for giggles.

Onto the Toro~

I love the band on this guy, and it really looks good on this dark maduro. Now as far as construction, it's not bad. It's no padron, but it still looks nice. The foot was a bit messy, meaning it wasn't razor straight and was a bit pushed in. Not bad but not as I would say, worth the price for admission. At 24 bucks I expect perfection. Now the smell on this cigar is like any other maduro, a little sweet and a bit hay like - maybe barnyard. I let this guy sit out for a couple of hours then I used my large punch on the cap. A few dry drags brings out a bit of cocoa and sweetness.

Once lit I get a small amount of smoke and the flavor is a bit sweet, and there's some cocoa. Tobacco flavor is a bit mellow. After several puffs the thing gets more smokey and soon it's pushing out a bit of smoke. The aroma isn't too bad; it didn't make my wife angry.

The burn is a bit uneven and that may be due to my light or the foot issue I mentioned earlier but I can deal. After the 1/3, the cigar really opens up. At first it's rather on the mild side but soon it moves into medium territory. The flavors are all over the place. I get some honey/sweetness/cocoa/bittersweet chocolate/earthiness/a bit of a marshmallow on the retro hale. All and all very nice.

Moving into the 1/2 way point the little guy leans more to a fuller body however it never gets strong nor peppery. The flavors stay around the same however there are a lot of them. The flavor is very nice! One thing I should mention is the thing burns very cool and the after taste is very pleasant.

Near the end of the cigar I continue to get a nice cool flavorful draw. Smoke output isn't huge but I really don't care at this point, all I know is I'm really enjoying it. I finish around the hour and a half mark maybe a bit over.

Now how does this compare to the regular GOF? Well to me I enjoyed it more. I love maduros and I love GOF so this to me is almost perfect. It's more complex than any other GOF I have had and sweeter. Basically the maduro wrapper brings more to the GOF and in my opinion gives me even more anticipation on the robusto. Below I have some pics, enjoy.

Comments

• docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Nice. The Robusto Gordo should be totally different though, since it uses a totally different wrapper, an Ecuadorian Sungrown wrap. Personally, the RG is the one that sounds more interesting to me. Thanks for your review. Interesting how different people's palates pick up different things.
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Interesting with all the different flavors you found. I know I'll be looking for one now. Unless I missed it when reading your review. What was the burn time on it and what did you pair it with? Nice review and I'm searching already, thanks....

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    RCY Cigars:
    Interesting with all the different flavors you found. I know I'll be looking for one now. Unless I missed it when reading your review. What was the burn time on it and what did you pair it with? Nice review and I'm searching already, thanks....

1:30 or something... maybe 1:40. I had some hazelnut coffee with it.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    I liked both reviews of this stick. Did you pick them up locally?
    the toro yes, from cascade
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    right on, thanks pheebs
    updated due to an interest in these
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    phobicsquirrel:
    Nice reviews Pheebs. I couldn't help notice all the little specks or flecks on that Toro wrapper. What was that all about? The Robusto looked flawless! Any reason you know of for them to change wrapper types on different sizes of the same sticks? Hope that trend does NOT continue in the business. It is hard enough now to keep up to all the differing "recipes" for good sticks. If they start offering the same stick in several different wrappers then confusion will reign.
    Great review Pheebs and thanks for finding those links bro'.
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    RCY Cigars:

Ricktadamous. I believe I gave you a GoF Serie B toro... You already forgot about what I gave you?! Insensitive jerk
    laker1963:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Nice reviews Pheebs. I couldn't help notice all the little specks or flecks on that Toro wrapper. What was that all about? The Robusto looked flawless! Any reason you know of for them to change wrapper types on different sizes of the same sticks? Hope that trend does NOT continue in the business. It is hard enough now to keep up to all the differing "recipes" for good sticks. If they start offering the same stick in several different wrappers then confusion will reign.
    Great review Pheebs and thanks for finding those links bro'.
    I don't know about the toro, seems to me the wrapper was fine, but the robusto seemed a bit strange, but all are like that, it has to be the wrapper or something. The wrapper is different for the two sizes though. I need to spark these again and see if there have been any changes. Perhaps near the end of the summer or something.
  • *Petey**Petey* Posts: 375
    jliu:
    RCY Cigars:

Ricktadamous. I believe I gave you a GoF Serie B toro... You already forgot about what I gave you?! Insensitive jerk
    hahaha, JIUNN, check the date on his post, man. This was brought up from 6-7 months ago.
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    *Petey*:
    jliu:
    RCY Cigars:

hahaha, JIUNN, check the date on his post, man. This was brought up from 6-7 months ago.
    well then... donkey **** is my middle name. alllrighty then... next topic.