Home General Discussion

looking for fair deals & good smokes

I am known as bereshead (bearshead) because of my last name and having been in the Marines and in charge of others lives ( and My personality) I do not waste words talking about things I know nothing about.  I have studied a wide variety of subjects intensely (example--I an the only Causian Chinese Tea Master recognized by the Chinese at large.  I am now smoking cigars after having given up smoking for 12 years.  I find I like to smoke 2, sometimes 3 different cigars on any given day.

Having started smoking, and  buying from a company I find I do not like I am going to give this Company a go.  I am looking for good cigars that smoke well and are not abused, so please feel free to make suggestions.  Heres to hoping we all get good cigars and can enjoy our monies worth.

bereshead@nethere.com

Comments

• MarkbbMarkbb Posts: 196
    Welcome bereshead you can't go wrong with the Vegas 5 line of cigars....
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Welcome bearshead. 0 to 3 a day way to go! The 5 Vegas line is good. If you give us a little hint as to what cigars you currently enjoy we could probably give some better recommendations.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    just to irk maduro fan....

Gurkha is great. they are a bit expensive but worht the price in my opinion.

i can see it now....
    madurofan:
    kuzi has no idea what hes talking about. Rocky Patel produces cigars that are much more complex and easier on the wallet...
    kuzi16:
    just to irk maduro fan....

Gurkha is great. they are a bit expensive but worht the price in my opinion.

i can see it now....
    madurofan:
    kuzi has no idea what hes talking about. Rocky Patel produces cigars that are much more complex and easier on the wallet...
    LMAO .... Actually Kuzi I have smoked a Shaggy Foot and Sherpa in the past few weeks. I thoroughly enjoyed the shaggy foot, I love the concept it allows you to get a sample of just filler, then filler & binder, then the full cigar. The Sherpa was good, thanks markbb, especially for that price range. I'm going to take my COTMC first month Gurkhas with me on vacation and at least smoke the centurian perfecto and one of the legends and MAYBE the beast or titan. You're at least getting me to try more gurkha's. I'll slowly push you to the RP dark side even if it takes a bombing or two.
    if i find time today im gunna spark up and review that Olde world...
    I think you'll like the Olde World, if I remember it correctly it was quite earthy, with nice cocoa and leather hints.
    i think you said it reminded you of a gurkha
    It did indeed.
    this thread is viewed alot. its still the "most viewed in the last 24 hours" and it was almost off the page. this means that people are still looking for a good cigar for a cheap price. and look, we all were talking about gurkha and Rocky Patel. they are not cheap.

ill actually give the answer that i shoulda given:some inexpensive cigars (in no particular order):
    punch gran puro
    5 vegas series A
    5 vegas (original)
    for a very mild and cheap smoke Free Cuba isnt bad (it isnt great though)
    Cusano bundles. the P1 is great.
    La vieha Habana from drew estates. its mixed filler but it has a nutty sweet thing goin on.
    onyx reserve
    el mejor espresso
    sancho panza extra fuerte
    sancho panza double maduro.
    Baccarat puts out a good CANDELLA. very mild but is great on a hot day and sweet tea. (the cigar has a sweet tip)
    La Aroma de Cuba. probably the most expensive cigar ive listed but still a great deal. i should buy some more.
    and one more. Gispert natural. not a bad cigar for the price especially if you like mild cigars.
    Thats an issue I've noticed Kuz. Most "cheap" cigars are mild, I'm not a mild smoker.
    madurofan:
    Thats an issue I've noticed Kuz. Most "cheap" cigars are mild, I'm not a mild smoker.
    8 that i listed above are medium - full
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    kuzi16:
    onyx reserve
    I've seen that one popping up a lot around here in the last couple of days. I think I had one way back when; I'll have to try another.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I can add the Graycliff Legend to the list. Heartily recommended, even at twice the price.
  • sackermasackerma Posts: 45
    i've never had the graycliff... but to put a plug in for the RP vintage 92, its an amazing smoke, boxpressed and a perfect burn and thick draw.....
  • DiasFlakDiasFlak Posts: 342 ✭✭
    welcome to the fun bearshead