Home Non Cigar Related

I will miss you all

rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
Dear friend, I am heading to Asia for a month long R&R and will not be able to join regularly. First time I have realized how close I have been connected to this forum and some of the members in personal level. I will be checking once in a while. I am stressed out with packing, traveling and be away from my man cave. I am trying to leave enough Boveda Humipack to ensure my cigars stay alive and get aged properly while I am gone. I have decided not to buy cigar anymore because it is a lot of work to maintain them. I am sad to leave Nicaragua and my cave for such a long time. These cigars became like my babies. It is a weird feeling. I wish you all a very happy summer. I will miss you.

Comments

• jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    what?! what is this "i'll miss you all" business. My people have internet over there ok? I do not accept your hiatus from this forum. Who am I gonna think about when I have Dos Equis now? Don't you go off and name some guy like Pepin. I don't care.
  • bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Safe travels Rip!
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    LOL...typical Jliu reaction. I will really miss your jokes. I know they have high-speed internet there but I will be traveling, do some research and maximize my vacation time with my wife and kids. I work too much and my family always complain about that. This is also going to be a spiritual journey. I went though very difficult time after I lost my beloved father. I will be in touch but not regularly. Stay safe and happy my friend...life is too short. I am always in that Dos Equis video so if you miss me just visit YouTube LOL.
    jliu:
    what?! what is this "i'll miss you all" business. My people have internet over there ok? I do not accept your hiatus from this forum. Who am I gonna think about when I have Dos Equis now? Don't you go off and name some guy like Pepin. I don't care.
    Thanks Ben...stay crisp mon as the Jamican say.
    bbass2:
    Safe travels Rip!
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    rzaman:
    LOL...typical Jliu reaction. I will really miss your jokes. I know they have high-speed internet there but I will be traveling, do some research and maximize my vacation time with my wife and kids. I work too much and my family always complain about that. This is also going to be a spiritual journey. I went though very difficult time after I lost my beloved father. I will be in touch but not regularly. Stay safe and happy my friend...life is too short. I am always in that Dos Equis video so if you miss me just visit YouTube LOL.
    jliu:
    ok fine. For the reasons of connecting with your spiritual side and spending time with your family, I accept. I just put you as a favorite on youtube. You better find some new grains and hops in Asia to keep your beer interesting. I knew this day would come when a great member would take a hiatus. jerk face
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enjoy your trip. I'll miss your reviews. Every time I see a new post on your review thread, the wonder of what wonderful cigars you will be trying is something I look forward to.
    Good voyage to you. Take care of yourself.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    Thanks Tony...while I am gone a surprise is on your way lol
    0patience:
    Enjoy your trip. I'll miss your reviews. Every time I see a new post on your review thread, the wonder of what wonderful cigars you will be trying is something I look forward to.
    BTW, I am looking for buying a house somewhere in OR. My wife love your State. We will try to stop by in Portland on the way back but I am not sure if we can make it this time or not. If I do, I will definitely contact you.
    rzaman:
    Thanks Tony...while I am gone a surprise is on your way lol
    0patience:
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enjoy your R&R
    Thanks Ricky...stay safe my friend.
    Rhamlin:
    Enjoy your R&R
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rzaman:
    BTW, I am looking for buying a house somewhere in OR. My wife love your State. We will try to stop by in Portland on the way back but I am not sure if we can make it this time or not. If I do, I will definitely contact you.
    Please do contact me if you are headed to Portland. I think there are a few of us in the area and maybe we could get together.
    There are a lot of houses to choose from right now. It's a buyer's market in most places. Around my area anyway.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • SmokindaddySmokindaddy Posts: 1,107
    Enjoy your time with your family. I will deffenitly miss your posts of the most amazing sticks I've ever seen in the " what did you get today" thread.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Relationships before tasks....wise man told me that. Take care of your family and your soul, because in the end that's all you got.....and your good buddies and smoking partners ;) Enjoy your time Rip, I totally understand.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Oh.....and when you get back if all the mango's are gone and say....a box of smokes or two...my bad
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Wishing you a safe respite, Rip. enjoy your time with your family and many blessings toward your journey of enlightenment.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    0patience:
    rzaman:
    Please do contact me if you are headed to Portland. I think there are a few of us in the area and maybe we could get together.
    There are a lot of houses to choose from right now. It's a buyer's market in most places. Around my area anyway.
    Yeah let me know as well. but it's not a buyers market at the moment. Maybe in places far south but in the portland area there are less houses for sale and a lot of people looking. I myself am in the process of looking for a house, should have done it last summer or earlier in the year.
  • JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    Have a safe and enjoyable trip.
  • Knoxca1Knoxca1 Posts: 148 ✭✭
    Are you heading to Japan? If so let me know, we may be able to meet up.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enjoy your travels and be safe brother. sniff sniff :(
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Have fun and be safe. I will miss the reviews of those amazing sticks.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enjoy the journey and safe travels, brother!

We'll leave the lights on for you.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    rzaman:
    Dear friend, I am heading to Asia for a month long R&R and will not be able to join regularly. First time I have realized how close I have been connected to this forum and some of the members in personal level. I will be checking once in a while. I am stressed out with packing, traveling and be away from my man cave. I am trying to leave enough Boveda Humipack to ensure my cigars stay alive and get aged properly while I am gone. I have decided not to buy cigar anymore because it is a lot of work to maintain them. I am sad to leave Nicaragua and my cave for such a long time. These cigars became like my babies. It is a weird feeling. I wish you all a very happy summer. I will miss you.
    Look forward to hearing all about your R&R when you return to the forums. Enjoy your time away bro'.
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Good bye, sweetie! xoxox
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Be sure to send some pics,,, or cigars,,,, No pics of cigars please!!!LOL
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    wOAH Woah woah hold on, I have been uber busy since we just moved into our first house, but I must have missed that you are in one of the Dos Eqis commercials. Let me guess, the one where they say "he imports cigars INTO cuba"!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Hope you have a safe and enjoyable trip Rip. I'm sure the time will go by quickly and you'll be right back at home with us.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Enjoy your vacation... And hopefully your spiritual animal turns out to be a honey badger... honey badger don't care
    Thank you all for the wish. I am heading to the airport shortly. I am feeling tired just to think about the long flight, stop over in four different airports. Traveling is stressful now a days. I packed 47 cigars in my travel humidor. I will have a day in Washington DC for a meeting to handover my work to someone else for a month. Luckily I was able to convinced him to meet me in a cigar lounge. Then I am heading to Turkey next day then after few days in India then Bangladesh. Each country has a significant memory in my life. Stay crisp brothers. I will post pictures and some short notes here and there.
    Hi Craig, I am not going to East Asia this time but I might be in Japan end of this year for a regional conference. I will definitely let you know when my plan is final. Take care of yourself brother.
    Knoxca1:
    Are you heading to Japan? If so let me know, we may be able to meet up.
    While I am gone...I instructed my gardener to give all the fruits to a orphan house. I have two mango trees full of mangos, eight coconut trees, star fruits, orange trees and some other fruit trees in my house. Someone should enjoy the fruits. Nicaragua is a blessed country with fertile volcanic soil. You plant something and nature takes care of the rest. I love Nicaragua.
    catfishbluezz:
    Oh.....and when you get back if all the mango's are gone and say....a box of smokes or two...my bad