Home Cigar 101

Fuente 101

jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
Hey guys. I need some schooling on Fuente cigars. Can someone run through with me how they coin their cigars? For instance, I know that the Anejos are named after the ring gauge (#46, 50, etc). What about their Opus X lines? Hemmingway? Chateau Fuente? etc? Knock knock Dennis. Knock knock Rip. Knock knock whoever else. domo arigato.

Comments

• MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    jliu:
    Hey guys. I need some schooling on Fuente cigars. Can someone run through with me how they coin their cigars? For instance, I know that the Anejos are named after the ring gauge (#46, 50, etc). What about their Opus X lines? Hemmingway? Chateau Fuente? etc? Knock knock Dennis. Knock knock Rip. Knock knock whoever else. domo arigato.
    Doc, Wheel, Kuzi should be able too help on this also, will be interesting!
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    MVW67:
    jliu:
    Doc, Wheel, Kuzi should be able too help on this also, will be interesting!
    Reserva has green on the bottom of the band
    Sungrown is black on the botom of the band with a black ribbon
    Shade grown is green on the botom of the band with a green ribbon
    Anejo has a cream bottom and a red band and also says anejo
    Don Carlos has black on the botom of the band and no ribbon
    the hemmingway is the only one that is confusing. it has the same set up as the Don Carlos, but they are all a perfecto vitola of various sizes.

those are the basics. as far as vitola specificity...
    just like every other brand on the market, they name the vitola whatever the heck they wanna. you just have to learn it. (and the "shark" is actually "reserva no.77" but has a ring of 54)
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I think Kuz hit this one on the head. The Anejo is the only one done by size except the 77 and the newer 60. I think with the 60 they used the length which I believe is 6 inches. As for other sizes, not sure. I know they they do carry over a lot of sizes to their core brands like the Chateau, Shark, #2, etc... But it is interesting that the Anejo is the #55 and in the Opus X it is a #2.
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks sensei Kuzi. As always greatly appreciate it
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    jliu:
    Go here,
    http://www.arturofuente.com/#/gran-reserva
    pick the line and look at "Available Sizes"