Home General Discussion

am i missing something?

kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
why is it that EVERY DAY someone finds my blog by searching for the Vigilante by Rocky Patel?

i rated it a 7.4. burn issues, taste issues, and construction issues. why is this cigar searched for more than any other cigar in my catalog besides the Ratzilla?
am i missing something here?

Comments

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Marketing...
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    You have a blog?!? Wink [;)]

• SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    If you google "vigilante rocky patel", the third result is your blog. So anyone looking for info on it will very likely end up on your blog. It pays to review the more obsure sticks out there, whether they are good or bad.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • buckeyecigarbuckeyecigar Posts: 500
    pm to kuzi
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Im more amazed it got a 7.4 than anything else. I give a Backwoods a 6.9
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    kuzi16:
    why is it that EVERY DAY someone finds my blog by searching for the Vigilante by Rocky Patel?

i rated it a 7.4. burn issues, taste issues, and construction issues. why is this cigar searched for more than any other cigar in my catalog besides the Ratzilla?
    am i missing something here?
    It's funny, I get the same with the PDR 1878 Cubano Especial Madura... I gave it a 7... but when you goggle it, I come up first or second depending on how you word it... looks like you come up 3rd for that particular stick... it's all about SEO
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Well you come up second on my search.... You should read the other forums thoughts. One guy said they need rest and get better with age. He said try one in a month and you'll be surprised lol I'm not sure what he considers rest or age
    Money can't buy taste
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Well you come up second on my search.... You should read the other forums thoughts. One guy said they need rest and get better with age. He said try one in a month and you'll be surprised lol I'm not sure what he considers rest or age
    i had mine for 4 months or so.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For some reason spam bot programs focus on RP and if you mention RP on twitter you will see what I mean. I do not know if it is marketing by RP or what but it seems the phishing and spam sites focus on them when it comes to cigars. Something many of us have discussed on Twitter.
    Vulchor:
    Im more amazed it got a 7.4 than anything else. I give a Backwoods a 6.9
    surprised its so low or surprised its so high?

jsnake:
    For some reason spam bot programs focus on RP and if you mention RP on twitter you will see what I mean. I do not know if it is marketing by RP or what but it seems the phishing and spam sites focus on them when it comes to cigars. Something many of us have discussed on Twitter.
    i wonder if those bots were paid for by RP...
  • WaterDemonWaterDemon Posts: 269
    kuzi16:
    jsnake:
    They were, with the RP cigars.
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    They gEr paid. They call it marketing with frequency to boost click on certain commercial goods and product. The method was accidentally discovered by a Caltech. Graduate in 90's.
    kuzi16:
    jsnake: