Home Pipes

Pipe PIF

j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
I'm thinking we ought to do a pif game for pipe smokers.

Rules will be standard fare, must have a trade and be in good standing.

I was thinking that we try this out with the requirement being one unopened tin is sent, plus whatever extras the sender wishes.

Comments

• TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    So any trade or a pipe trade?
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I should've been more clear, I meant a tobacco pif. A bit more practical than pipes. Probably a bad idea either way.
    I agree. my question is do you want the people signing up for the PIF to have a pipe tobacco trade first, or any type of trade, incuding cigars?
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Lol it would be a month of sundays before I'd ever be able to fulfil a wish
    Trident:
    I agree. my question is do you want the people signing up for the PIF to have a pipe tobacco trade first, or any type of trade, incuding cigars?
    Ah I see, misunderstood you there. I figure anyone in good standing on the forum ought to be good, no need to restrict it to pipe trades only. More than anything I'm just thinking out loud, I'd like input from those who would likely participate too...I'm sure there are things I'm not considering that others would like to see.
    Direwolf:
    Lol it would be a month of sundays before I'd ever be able to fulfil a wish
    That's the beauty of a pif, it's not wish based. Truth be told, I'm not a big fan of the maw approach...I think the randomness of a pif is more fun. Just my opinion.
  • Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    I'll be glad to be on that list as we have been talking about this pipe line starting for a year I have a bunch of blends I would be glad to get goin on a pass.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's a PIF? Pipe Info Forum? Personal Integrity File? Wait, that's not a bad idea, after checking out the scumbag listings.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    Amos Umwhat:
    What's a PIF? Pipe Info Forum? Personal Integrity File? Wait, that's not a bad idea, after checking out the scumbag listings.
    Same as in the trades forum, Pay It Forward. The concept is simple: I send a tin of tobacco to someone, that person in turn sends a different tin to the next person...so on and so on.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    I'm interested, but it'd have to be optional as to the amount; I'm got some really nice tobacco stuff, but I'm not willing to send an entire tin of it; maybe a few flakes or pinches though
    Andy, I'll totally be one f your tasting people on a pif or pass.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    i'll be down for it when I get some build up.
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    I'll mooch some of that delicious Black Maple off ya Joe Wink [;)]
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Amos Umwhat:
    Same as in the trades forum, Pay It Forward. The concept is simple: I send a tin of tobacco to someone, that person in turn sends a different tin to the next person...so on and so on.
    Well, duh! thanks
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I've got some gars I'd trade for some pipe tobacco, nice way to try stuff out.