Home Pipes

Where to start?

LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
I've always wanted to get into pipes... I have smoked some aromatics I believe (it was like a cherry or something local) in the past and they were wonderful. But I have literally NOTHING of pipes or tobacco.

What do I need to get started? A jar, a humi, pipe cleaners that I haven't already made into genitals, or what?

Just looking for a rough draft of what is needed to get started and store tobacco. I would assume a pipe but do I need a grate to go in it? How often do I clean it?

Basically... help!

Comments

• KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    I've always wanted to get into pipes... I have smoked some aromatics I believe (it was like a cherry or something local) in the past and they were wonderful. But I have literally NOTHING of pipes or tobacco.

What do I need to get started? A jar, a humi, pipe cleaners that I haven't already made into genitals, or what?

Just looking for a rough draft of what is needed to get started and store tobacco. I would assume a pipe but do I need a grate to go in it? How often do I clean it?

Basically... help!
    I need more help than you!
    But don't want to dive in $$$ and find out I don't like pipes - that's why I asked Alex for a favor.....bundles please!!
  • Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    I would suggest a good pipe like a nording is a good starter, some pipe cleaners, a pipe tool and some tobacco. I am currently smoking the Davidoff Danish mix and it is awesome leave a very nutty/carmel kinda finish.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I'd second the Nording recommendation. Since Andrew answered the components question, I'll field the cleaning question...you clean out the stem and shank after every smoking session, this is easily accomplished after the pipe has cooled by taking the stem off the pipe and then running pipe cleaners through both pieces until they come out clean. Pipe cleaners are cheap for a reason, you'll go through a lot of them.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Nording would be nice, but corn cobs are cheaper and disposable. As for the tobacco, it's aged inside the tin; it seems once you open the tin, the aging process stops and stops again (no idea if this is true, just heard it from a bunch of old duffs on some forum, as well as tobacco starts to turn about a month after you open the tin)
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    My wallet just yelled at me... I better take it easy for a minute, but a nording eric the red with some different tobaccos doesn't SEEM that expensive! Ha!
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    I would suggest a good pipe like a nording is a good starter, some pipe cleaners, a pipe tool and some tobacco. I am currently smoking the Davidoff Danish mix and it is awesome leave a very nutty/carmel kinda finish.

Hmmm. You're smoking Davidoff Danish but it's not listed on CCom's pipe tobacco page - so, where ya gettin' it? Hmmm? LOL
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    is it just me or are you guys abandoning me in the cigar sections? why? WHY
  • JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    jliu:
    Because this is where the cool people come to chat. Sorry but you werent invited! Just Kiddingggggg.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    JSaint:
    jliu:
    Because this is where the cool people come to chat. Sorry but you werent invited! Just Kiddingggggg.
    you're a poop head.
  • JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    jliu:
    JSaint:
    jliu:
    you're a poop head.
    No name calling here good sir! *hands you an invite* lol
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    Andy, does Ccom have the Davidoff Danish Mix you speak of? Sounds down right delicious. If its not sold how does one might acquire a 'sample' from ya :D Shoot me a PM with details if you could please. Thanks again
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    RampMonkey:
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    Andy, does Ccom have the Davidoff Danish Mix you speak of? Sounds down right delicious. If its not sold how does one might acquire a 'sample' from ya :D Shoot me a PM with details if you could please. Thanks again
    I'd be interested as well