Home Cigar 101
Options

adhesives for applying cigar bands

blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
I need some advice on an adhesive to reapply cigar bands. They were taken off cleanly so I just need recommendations for what type or brand of glue. Or do they use the same pectin for bands as they do to hold the wrapper? Need something easy to use and obviously scent free. Cheaper and easily obtainable would be a plus. This is for my personal stash so I'm not trying to pull a rip off. Thanks for any and all ideas.

Comments

• Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly if you know what they are why bother with the bands? I have a few cohibas and partagas with no band and don't seem to need them. If you know what they are well then it is what it is. But I might use corn starch and water. But really what's the purpose?
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    blurr:
    I need some advice on an adhesive to reapply cigar bands. They were taken off cleanly so I just need recommendations for what type or brand of glue. Or do they use the same pectin for bands as they do to hold the wrapper? Need something easy to use and obviously scent free. Cheaper and easily obtainable would be a plus. This is for my personal stash so I'm not trying to pull a rip off. Thanks for any and all ideas.

Pectin will work fine. :-)
  • Options
    blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Thank you sir. I was under the impression at the factory they use pectin to apply the band so I will use that. I'm **** so I hate being unbanded. Plus I just like the bands to take them off while smoking and I'm expanding my collection.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup Pectin. You should be able to find it easily enough. I to like having the bands on. I just like them.