Home General Discussion

Mother of God . . . have you seen the weekend blitz?

xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
MOW PA . . . $40 for 10. Time to stock up :D

Comments

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't even want to look. All it will do is get me in trouble.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • *Petey**Petey* Posts: 375
    xmacro:
    MOW PA . . . $40 for 10. Time to stock up :D
    yeah this is both good news and bad news all at the same time. how does that always happen?
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Yeah... I almost jumped on it before I realized that "Hey, that's $4 a cigar. Not much below what I figure they're worth...". Good stick, to each his own I guess.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, between that and yesterday's DD (AJ corona sampler - 12 for $30 which included 2 MOWPAs) I almost got myself in serious trouble. Fortunately (unfortunately?) I picked up the same DD just a couple of weeks ago. I 'convinced' myself that I'm set on these for a little while, so I live to fight another day! lol
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    0patience:
    +1
    Money can't buy taste
  • WaterDemonWaterDemon Posts: 269
    Lee.mcglynn:
    0patience:
    +1
    +rep
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Pretty good price. I'd pull the trigger if they were all habano.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    EXACTLY what stopped me from pulling the trigger as well.
  • StreaterStreater Posts: 293
    0patience:
    Ditto that
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Would be ALL UP IN THIS if I hadnt recently stocked up on em! :-)

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I will get flamed for sure, but I really didn't like these all too much. Great deal btw.
  • jswaykosjswaykos Posts: 53
    phobicsquirrel:
    I will get flamed for sure, but I really didn't like these all too much. Great deal btw.
    Hey, it's taste, it's subjective. Smoke what you like! I wasn't a fan the first few times I tried them either but they really settle down after six months or so. Totally different smoke.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    Actually, I appreciate it when folks let others know they didn't care for something. It really makes me take a more serious look at a particular cigar. I find that when someone doesn't care for a certain cigar and I try it, I tend to be more subjective. And in turn, I will often either appreciate it more or see what they are talking about. Because our tastes can be influenced by other people's comments, it tends to make me more open to that cigar's taste.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    0patience:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Actually, I appreciate it when folks let others know they didn't care for something. It really makes me take a more serious look at a particular cigar. I find that when someone doesn't care for a certain cigar and I try it, I tend to be more subjective. And in turn, I will often either appreciate it more or see what they are talking about. Because our tastes can be influenced by other people's comments, it tends to make me more open to that cigar's taste.
    yeah, There isn't a MOW that I don't like other than these and the virtue even after some down time (well it's not that I don't like them I just feel they don't do much for me). Though I haven't aged them. I do know that I wasn't a fan of the first MOW but after some down time I really digged them.
  • scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    Im going to try not to add anything to my humi..Upon saying that there is a high chance im going to have the highest bid on 20 Armada coronas.. Yeaaaa, I suck at not buying stuff.
  • Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    Russ55:
    Pretty good price. I'd pull the trigger if they were all habano.
    I totally agree. These are my favorite sticks and I am looking to pick up a box. I really haven't cared for the maduro though. I did have one with at least 3 months on it and it was better with the little bit of rest. It actually had a hint of that spice that I like.
  • JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    Well, I went and pulled the trigger on these - haven't had the maduro yet, so I'm glad I did it. Only problem is this heat - gonna stick 'em in the freezer before they go in the humi.

Anybody had the Ramon Bueso cigars? I know Alex likes 'em a lot, and I'm probably going to pick some up next month anyway, but I was just wondering what they're like.