Home General Discussion

Black Pearl Thoughts?

ZAPZAP Posts: 186 ✭✭
Got a mixed sampler (5-pack) for $9 on a deal and am very impressed to say the least.  Who blends these?   I think I just had the La Perla Habano Rojo (tough to say as the bands all look the same.;...this had fire orange on the outside of the band)...anyhow...what a nice smoke....robusto....one dash of ashes half way through and then down to the numb...salt and pepper burn....tight....one hour....nice meaty flavor....not real familiar with this smoke but I feel I may have stumbled onto something...thoughts?  Previously I think I had the regular black pearl and it was a solid, workman like smoke I would gladly smoke again but this last one was very, very good.

Comments

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I like the pink pearl. Doea that count?
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I got two Black Pearls in a sampler from ccom and was really impressed with them. Don't know much about 'em other than they are good!!!
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like them, the torpedoes or belicosos are worth the couple extra dollars, to me, as I've had problems with the cap on the toros. Nice flavor at a reasonable price.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    The Rojo is my favorite. Great smoke for the $$$. The Cobre isn't bad if you like a mild smoke as well. The others I have tried ahve just been eh.
  • WaterDemonWaterDemon Posts: 269
    rwheelwright:
    lol^
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    hehe, yeah there is that one!

For a moment I thought this thread was over the remy cognac.