Home Non Cigar Related
Options

More boat pics anyone?

RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
Pulled some out of my archives that I liked.image hard to tell but I'm going thru a bridge here. Here's some of the ice.imageimage This fellow is trying to widen the ice channell so we can get thru.imageimage on the average the ice is usually about 2-5 feet thick. And here's a shot of when things don't work out.imageAnyone around Saint Louis may recognize that barge is wrapped around a pier of a highway bridge.

Comments

• Options
    StreaterStreater Posts: 293
    Wow! You pilot a tug! You're cooler than firemen! Well, except for smoke jumpers. They've got you on the Awesomeness Factor. Them, and Marine Snipers.
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Those are some awesome pics dude.
  • Options
    marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    That is amazing, especially the first one in the fog
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Nothing that cool. Here's a pic of the type of equipment(drilling rigs) we move around.

• Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    That first pics scares the $hit out of me!! wow. Thanks for sharing - you too beatnic. Awesome pics!
  • Options
    That's a drilling rig? Wow that don't look like something I'd want to be on in 50mph winds.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Rhamlin:
    That's a drilling rig? Wow that don't look like something I'd want to be on in 50mph winds.
    What you don't see is the derrick. It is jacknifed from that A-frame you see at the rear and hangs over the the front end. There is nothing aerodynamic, or for that matter hydrodynamic, about these things, other than they float when pumped out. Here's another pic
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Here's a pic of one of the many former working boats now in used for tourism along the coast of Maine:

schooner Grace Bailey

I took this pic while sailing on my boat. The Schooner Grace Bailey was built in 1882 and is 123' long. This engineless tall-ship sailed to the West Indies in the Fruit Trade and carried granite to NYC for the construction of Grand Central Station. She underwent a major refit in 1990 and is now used for multi-day tourism trips out of Camden.
  • Options
    Sweet. I always thought it would be cool to take one of those wind jammer cruises.