Home Cigar 101

Waiting is tough!!!

christian1971christian1971 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
I have a very difficult time letting my cigars rest and age. I am trying again in hopes that I have some good smokes for the fall. What cigars do you think are fine after a couple days, so that I have something to smoke in the meantume?

Comments

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Plenty....depends what you like. What I would do....buy a box to smoke, then buy a box to age. Bury them if you can....out of sight, out of mind.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    most non cubans are good right off the truck. though i do find they burn better if they are in my hu midor for a few weeks first.
  • StreaterStreater Posts: 293
    Grab a ccom sampler or two and find a couple that you like. They are good smokes and very reasonably priced. Grab a box or two of the ones you like and "Smoke up Johnny"!

I have found that, in my coolidor, MoW, Oliva V, and Undercrown are good after a couple weeks rest too. Good Luck
  • JZerbyJZerby Posts: 122
    christian1971:
    I have a very difficult time letting my cigars rest and age. I am trying again in hopes that I have some good smokes for the fall. What cigars do you think are fine after a couple days, so that I have something to smoke in the meantume?
    I'm the same way. I like to smoke what I get when I get it. so what I do, is, when I order singles, I order at least 2. One to smoke right away and one to just let sit there. I have also gotten into the habit of letting anything I get sit in mu humi for at least a week before I smoke it. makes it easier to wait longer cuz I know it will most likely just get better.

That said, CComs are good both right out of the box and after aging, and they're not expensive at all so smoking 'em all and having to buy more in a short period of time isn't gonna break the bank.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    So far in my experience I have had the best luck with la aurora's rott. They don't have a lot of spice and the preferidos are a very consistent line in terms of rolling quality.
    Money can't buy taste
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    tough to say. after you get a some stock it's easier to let cigars rest a while. I have found that most cigars are fine when you get them, but it so subjective. As an example some people dislike opus's without some rest/age to them. Sure they settle better but I like them when I get them.