Home Non Cigar Related

500,000 without power...

jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
And we're part of it.... Fvck.
big a$$ thunderstorm rolled through about 430 yesterday (Fri) afternoon - lots of trees and power lines down for this part of the city. The news is saying it could be 5-7 days until everythings restored.

I guess it's time to fill up a cooler with brews and snacks, grab some cigars, and head outside and fire up the grill.
I'm thinking baby back ribs ....

But I hope y'all are having a more "normal" weekend than we are.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Over 1 Million here sir.
    You have my sympathies.
    Are they setting up cooling shelters?

• jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn bro - where are you? And you have my sympathies as well.
    And yes I do believe they're setting up shelters & cooling "stations".

Probably going to drive up to my fianc

• marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    My sisters is still out in Dayton, but my mothers never went out and she lives 2 miles away
  • WhoDeyGalWhoDeyGal Posts: 727 ✭✭
    Finally have power! Hope the same for the rest of you.
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    man I really feel for you all. We had a stretch of 10 days without power from a massive Thunderstorm system several years ago. Lost everything in the fridge and the freezers. Lucky we had a lake to bring buckets of water up to flush the toilets and bathe. Our modern society comes to a screeching halt without power
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ours came back last night!! Woot!!! Big shout out to all the AEP line crew guys and tree trimming crews who've been working their a$$es off.

And I feel for all of you who still don't have power back...Stay cool!!.....a friend of ours works for AEP and can view all the separate grid "circuits" and she said they're estimating some folks in OH won't have power back on until July 10. she said more than half of their customers in OH & WV were without power right after the storm hit....and they've called in extra crews from out west to help with the repair efforts.