Home Ratings & Reviews

CAO Brazilia

Just getting back into the game, and re-visiting some sticks that I didn't really like to much in the past. Well this evening I enjoyed a CAO Brazilia that has rested in my humidor for about 3 years. I had a few at the time (3 years ago) and was not really feeling them. Tonight was a different story, I can say it was quite enjoyable. Don't know if it was the long time sitting or the others were just duds. Thinking about getting another just to see if that was the case. Well, just thought I'd share.

Comments

• illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    CAO Brazilia is a great stick, try the Gol! It's a great size and a great smoke.
  • jon00jonjon00jon Posts: 45
    Will have to try that size, the one i had was the Ipanema. They came as part of a mega sampler I got, which I think they send all the sizes that are not very popular to clear inventory. I like smaller size sticks, so I'll def give the gol! a go.

Thanks
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Cao to me is one of those companies that rott is just ok or forgettable but with some good rest they become note worthy. I hated the Cameroon the first time I tried it and then revisited it a yr later and it was a different stick all together
    Money can't buy taste
  • jon00jonjon00jon Posts: 45
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Cao to me is one of those companies that rott is just ok or forgettable but with some good rest they become note worthy. I hated the Cameroon the first time I tried it and then revisited it a yr later and it was a different stick all together
    I've enjoyed the CAO America right out the box. The Cameroon was ok, I prefer other cameroon wrapped sticks though. If the brazilia has to rest 1-3 years to be good, don't really think its worth it. I will try the Gol! as mentioned above to test the waters again.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    jon00jon:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    I've enjoyed the CAO America right out the box. The Cameroon was ok, I prefer other cameroon wrapped sticks though. If the brazilia has to rest 1-3 years to be good, don't really think its worth it. I will try the Gol! as mentioned above to test the waters again.
    Yeah it's all about personal preference whether it's worth the wait. To me it all depends on how much better they get. The lx2 was not very good either till it was rested. But I always like a well rested stick!
    Money can't buy taste
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    If you can get one that doesn't have a super tight draw or one that is plugged they are nice smokes. They and the Italia are really nice smokes. But CAO has an issue with getting sticks that aren't very well QC'd unless they have got better since General Bought them out.
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    I have the same issues with CAO's, tight draws. The Brazilias when I can draw and when the paper thin wrapper doesn't rupture are just delicious and age well. I haven't bought any recently rolled CAOs but I hope they have improved Quality Control because they have several delicious sticks, and I believe they would have a very loyal following if they can get more steady consistency in quality.

I haven't had any myself but have heard VERY good reviews of the La Traviata original and maduro.