Home Ratings & Reviews

MOW side project little devils

Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
I just received these in the mail yesterday and couldn't wait to enjoy one, so I thought I would write up a little OTT review. I had one last night around 2 am and it was a brisk 22 degrees. The temp had something to do with flavor but there was still lots to go around. The cigar had a good ligero Habano wrapper scent when the cello was removed which I love. This croons is a bit larger than the PA but still firm with out any soft spots at all. The wrapper was greasy and when cap was cut I noticed that the head of the cigar was soft kinda spongy. When I toasted this cigar spice was the first thing I noticed was pepper but not overpowering like the PA. This little devil had white pepper leather/coffee flavor in a classic man o war fashion. The draw was a little firm and A half of an inch down the strength mellowed out and the leather flavor really was notable but before I knew it the pepper kicked me again. The one thing that was very enjoyable in this cigar was the strength died down then Came back stronger Than before. And then the last part of the cigar seemed to have the most power. This could be from the draw losening up at that point. Overall a great cigar and had everything I love about man o war with some surprises. For OTT this was a great cigar not that it had a long trip only two days.

Comments

• bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    Geez cant wait for my box to come in from andrew. They sound goood. Thanks for sharing!
  • ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    I really want to try these. Ccom is able to give a good deal on a sampler( of all 3 side projects). Sadly if I ordered them i think the girlfriend will knock me the f*** out. So i am going to have to wait a bit. Hopefully you guys to buy them up to quick. I look forward to reading more reviews about all 3 of the side projects.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    YIKES !!! 22 degrees ...
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    CvilleE just dropped one of these on me. Gonna let it rest for a bit then succumb to the glory that is A.J. Fernandez.
  • Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    They are awesome one of my new favs.
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Andrew Dzikoski:

OK, it's rested enough. Something tells me that it will be one of my favs after tomorrow night. Any suggestions for beverages to pair with said smoke?
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Nice review, I like the part about having a pepper flavor but not overpowering like the PA. I feel like the PA's pepper is definitely too much, I'm hoping to age that aspect into submission.

These sound great, could someone pm me Andy's email deal on the side project sampler?
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Allsmokedup gifted me a pair of these. It was a 52C, which is a 5x52 chisel tip. I had weak lemonade on hand the night I enjoyed it.

It has a wonderful white pepper aroma, a beautiful veiny, oily, almost black wrapper, and a great peppery taste to it unlit. I had to chop the chisel to open it up, because it wouldn't uncap with my pocket knife. Unlit, I found a very tight draw. Tasted peppery. Tickled the back of my throat even unlit.

It took two matches to light. My immediate impression was peppered asphalt. But I gave it a few minutes, and it mellowed out. White pepper, not for me. Pepper pepper pepper. One thing I found disconcerting was the chisel tip. First, because it constantly felt like it was trying to escape. Second, because I couldn't roll it in my mouth. I had no idea before this that I have a tendency to roll the head of a cigar a quarter turn or so as I draw. Trying to taste the wrapper, I suppose. I missed the wrapper rolling on my tongue with this. The ash was so strong it crunched when I touched the ashtray. A very solid burn. Half an hour in, my tongue maybe got numb to white pepper, because it ceased to bother me; but that was also when I got a stuffy nose from it, too. My throat was dry as dust. Had to reload the lemonade.

This would not be a good cigar indoors -- had to air the garage. If it left any stinkfinger afterwards, I was unable to enjoy it, because my nose stayed stuffed. I had a powerful morning mouth all next day. But no wheeze.

In sum, probably a great cigar for a white pepper fan. For me, only a star and a half.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    The little devil is my favorite mow! It's a great stick for the cost and can't find any reason not to buy another box.
    Money can't buy taste
    Imgembo:
    I really want to try these. Ccom is able to give a good deal on a sampler( of all 3 side projects). Sadly if I ordered them i think the girlfriend will knock me the f*** out. So i am going to have to wait a bit. Hopefully you guys to buy them up to quick. I look forward to reading more reviews about all 3 of the side projects.
    Pm me your addy I'll send you some
    Money can't buy taste
    Crap the dd has the ten pack!!! Wtf man this is killing me
    Money can't buy taste
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    yeah stupid no budget that I have is making some DD's go by painfully, need a 2nd or better job
    Hayblet:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    yeah stupid no budget that I have is making some DD's go by painfully, need a 2nd or better job
    Pm me your addy if you want a couple I got a couple to spare
    Money can't buy taste
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Hayblet:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Pm me your addy if you want a couple I got a couple to spare
    sorry I missed this somehow I'll shoot ya a pm when I finally get off work tonight
  • big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    So are the side projects like the crucible and only a one time thing?
    big chunks:
    So are the side projects like the crucible and only a one time thing?
    I'd say they are more like the armadas, once they are gone they are gone for good! They were small batch makes.
    Money can't buy taste
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    What he said...