Home Cigar 101

Humi-Care Rectangular Humidifier

OkenkaOkenka Posts: 2
I have this system in my humidor but find after a few months the adhesive holding the metal magnetic plate to the top of the box lets go ...anyone else have this issue? Any ideas how to resolve so it does not keep falling down on my cigars.

Comments

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Never had the problem but use a jar of beads or boveda packs
    Money can't buy taste
  • OkenkaOkenka Posts: 2
    Yup can do that ... It just takes away room that could be used for cigars ...why I was trying to get the lid mount system to work
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okenka:
    I have this system in my humidor but find after a few months the adhesive holding the metal magnetic plate to the top of the box lets go ...anyone else have this issue? Any ideas how to resolve so it does not keep falling down on my cigars.
    I've had this problem and tried a couple different adhesives to reattach it....

And the only one that seemed to keep the metal attached to the wood was Gorilla Glue Brand Super Glue.
    ...but since this glue has an odor, I took out all my cigars and put them in another humi for about a week while the glue dried & the fumes aired out. Which meant I then had to re-season the humidor.
    So - if you don't mind having to let the fumes vent out and reseasoning the thing, do this.

But boveda packs, gel jars, or simply "setting" the humidifier somewhere else in the humidor are all much, much easier solutions IMHO.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Okenka:
    Yup can do that ... It just takes away room that could be used for cigars ...why I was trying to get the lid mount system to work
    Trust me when I say your gonna get a bigger humi anyway!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    Magnets and a little bit of super glue all you need is a drop or two. I know the glue has a scent but I have glued magnets to hold Hygrometers and humidifiers and have had no issue with smell. Once the magnets r attached to the roof attache the humidifier and it has held up in my humidor and my cigars have not tasted any different.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just lay mine on my cigars