Home Pipes

What do those numbers on the bottom of your tin mean? Quite a bit actually

xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
Found this in my travels across pipe forums; it seems that the numbers on your bags/tins of tobacco mean something rather significant. It's always six numbers, and they break down like this:

Blend/Product Number(xx)
Batch(xx)
Year(xx)

So 101309 doesn't mean it was canned on Oct. 13, 2009, it actually means that the tobacco is blend #10, came from batch 13, and was canned in 2009

Comments

• J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    This is correct, although I think G. L. Pease and C and D have specific dates on stickers not stamped on the tin itself. I would have to go double check that. If I am remembering correctly those really are the specific dates.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    You reminded me to go double check this post; turns out I picked this up from a topic about McClelland tins, so I'm not sure how much it carries over to other manufacturers
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    xmacro:
    You reminded me to go double check this post; turns out I picked this up from a topic about McClelland tins, so I'm not sure how much it carries over to other manufacturers
    I love that xmacro is now the kuzi of pipes.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Ken Light:
    xmacro:
    I love that xmacro is now the kuzi of pipes.
    Hell no. I just took up the pipe recently, as in the past month, after laying it down for a few years - I'm just copying and pasting what I've read on other forums from pipers smarter than me. j0z3r's been at this longer than me, as well as plenty of others on this board; I just surf around and repost what I hear on other boards.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    xmacro:
    Ken Light:
    xmacro:
    I love that xmacro is becoming the kuzi of pipes.
    Hell no. I just took up the pipe recently, as in the past month, after laying it down for a few years - I'm just copying and pasting what I've read on other forums from pipers smarter than me. j0z3r's been at this longer than me, as well as plenty of others on this board; I just surf around and repost what I hear on other boards.
    Fixed it.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.