Home Cigar 101
Options

Box vs. Single Prices

madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
Aren't you supposed to SAVE money by buying boxes instead of singles. I've noticed lately on a few sites that the box of cigars costs more than an equal number of singles. I'm not usually a box buyer as I've said in the past but is this right?

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    usually you do save a buck or two. thats part of the draw to boxes. are these cigars on special?
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I generally like to buy boxes, if it's something I know I like (and I have the coin on hand). That's weird that the box was more expensive. It's also always struck me as a bit weird that there isn't a bigger difference between box prices and stick prices. Like you said, kuzi, it's usually only a couple of bucks.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    Yeah, that's officially weird. I guess the thing to do is order 19.
  • Options
    Yea but to be a whole dollar more per stick for the box ... thats stupid!
  • Options
    I noticed it the other day with Nub's another unnamed site was selling the box for $.20 more per stick than the individuals.
  • Options
    Makes no sense to me, either. Maybe they're getting a premium for the boxes themselves?
  • Options
    urbino:
    Makes no sense to me, either. Maybe they're getting a premium for the boxes themselves?
    Thats the only thing I can figure ... but neither of these come in a special bx of any kind.
  • Options
    rmccloudrmccloud Posts: 160 ✭✭
    They might be hoping that people will not do the math and just assume that the box is cheaper per stick. That would be the only thing that I can think of.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    rmccloud:
    They might be hoping that people will not do the math and just assume that the box is cheaper per stick. That would be the only thing that I can think of.
    yeah... a "three for a nickel, five for a dime" kinda thing.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    The only time I have seen Box price higher is in catalog where they are on a five pack special somewhere seperate than the featured page elsewhere in that magazine. Maybe they need better proof readers before sending the catalog to publication.
  • Options
    The proof readers are apparently doing the same thing the rest of us are ... drooling and making a wishlist.