Home Cigar 101

Question about Seconds

JZerbyJZerby Posts: 122
I've never purchased a mazo of Seconds, but I am considering doing so on one of my next cigar orders. My question about them is this: I know they are bundled, but do they have the plastic on the individual cigars or are they unwrapped? Or does this depend on the particular cigars being purchased?

Comments

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I am gonna say they don't have cellos at least the ones I have seen are just plastic wrapped.
    Money can't buy taste
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    I've gotten three bundles so far, and every stick in each one was individually cello'd
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I too have purchased several bundles of seconds and each stick has been individually cellophane wrapped.
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Every time I've bougbt them, they have been individually cellophaned.
  • JZerbyJZerby Posts: 122
    That's good to know. Cuz if they weren't, my next question was gonna be how to tell them apart if I got like 3 different kinds and they were all the same color and size...lol Since they're wrapped, I could just write on them.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JZerby:
    That's good to know. Cuz if they weren't, my next question was gonna be how to tell them apart if I got like 3 different kinds and they were all the same color and size...lol Since they're wrapped, I could just write on them.
    If you get some that aren't wrapped in cellophane, these are my 2 preferred methods (picked both of these up from forum posts a while back):

1) Save the cello from the cigars you smoke then "re-wrap" any new, un-celloed ones with those wrappers.
    2) Instead of writing on the cellophane directly, get small stickers - put the date on the sticker then stick that on the cigar band.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• FNAFNA Posts: 55
    "how to tell them apart if I got like 3 different kinds"

That's how you can tell you have become a real "cigar guy" - you have mystery cigars in your humidor. A 'naked' smoke you can't remember what it is or where or when you got it.

Mmmm - mystery corona.

(What is way cool is sometimes when you smoke a mystery cigar, you recognize it.)
  • ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    What sucks though is when you smoke a mystery cigar, and love it, but still don't know what it was to get more...
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    It really depends ..... I've gotten the Patel 1990 seconds and they are in cellos and I've gotten some perdomos and they had no cellos
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    kingjk729:
    It really depends ..... I've gotten the Patel 1990 seconds and they are in cellos and I've gotten some perdomos and they had no cellos
    Interesting. I don't think I've ever seen a Perdomo cigar without cello, first or second.
  • TheedgeTheedge Posts: 316
    WELL! If I want to know which cigar is which I just give it a little sniff. Sheesh. I kid of course. I've enjoyed many RP Seconds.