Home General Discussion

Collecting Bands

The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
Hi all,
Was wondering how you saved your rings? I've been smoking cigars for about 2 months now and save the rings from each new one I try for reference and just to look at. So far I have about 20 rings stashed in a book and growing with every purchase. This site is a very bad influence on me and my wallet by the way. My wife bought me a small photo album with areas for notes which seems ok. The holders are a little large though. How or what do you stash your rings in?

Comments

• cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    Photobucket This is my Method!
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    I can do you one better; Laker's wife took his bands, pasted them on a coffee tray, then glazed them over. I can't find the thread, but it was a really cool way to preserve the bands
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Once I have enough I plan to make a bar table with them.
    My goal is to make a cigar shape out of a piece of plywood and cover it with bands to make a cool design and coat it some how. I have a perfect place for it to hang at the enterance to my cave. But I think I need to smoke some more! We're going as fast as we can Captain! And yes that tray was friggin cool!
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    That's good cooch, i have a few empty boxes I throw duplicates in. A basket though, hmmmmm, never thought of that. Also heard of putting them under glass in pic frames for the man-cave. I have a man-hole so the tray/table might be better.
    The3Stogies:
    That's good cooch, i have a few empty boxes I throw duplicates in. A basket though, hmmmmm, never thought of that. Also heard of putting them under glass in pic frames for the man-cave. I have a man-hole so the tray/table might be better.
    I had the basket before I started buying boxes so It just stuck! Man-hole ...... LOL like your ref.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I keep aglue stick handy. Coated a cigar box randomly. Coloful
  • I made a cigar Dossier out of a small journal (steno type notebook) I tape the bands on top and write my tasting notes just beneath the bands.It really is a cool way to remember what you have smoked and its also cool to go back and reference sticks youve had in the past. Even if a buddy of yours is like " yo dude have you tried the blazay bla " and you can be like" yea check page 41" lol know what im sayin? have fun wit it dude!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i keep mine in my wallet until they are flat on their own. then i stash them in a cigar bag.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    I use them for entries in my dossier, and the rest I make a collage on the blank pages.
    Light 'em up.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    I just store mine in an empty diesel box and haven't decided what to do with them yet. I've been thinking about building an ashtray stand and covering it with them. That's the front runner on my plans for them as of now
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Once upon a time--in Russia 200 years ago--lived a rather bossy queen who was known as Catherine the Great. It's said she ordered her cigars wrapped in silk to protect her royal fingers from tobacco stains. Thereafter, silken cigar rings were adopted by all in imitation of the queen. And so, the tale goes, the cigar band was born. http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfeatures/show/id/7734
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    JCizzle:
    I use them for entries in my dossier.
    +1
  • DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    ShotgunJohn:
    JCizzle:
    I use them for entries in my dossier.
    +1
    +2 I have created a Cigar Journal that has a place for the bands and note entries. I put one of each cigar I smoke in it for the year, then start over the next year, so that I can compare the notes I took. Works ok, but I am going to refine it and add the Dead Camel Cigar Club logo, chosen next week, to it and pass them out to all the members over here.
  • as of now i just put them in a cigar box not sure exactly what ill due with them.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a large framed poster for my office at school. I've tired several times to post a photo, but it never seems to work for me. As I said before, I'm an analog guy in a digital world!
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    YankeeMan:
    I made a large framed poster for my office at school.
    +1 At least that's what I'm going to do. I'm trying to save enough to have 3 or 4 for my man cave. Nice cigar wall art is hard to find!
  • bluezulubluezulu Posts: 136 ✭✭✭
    Put them in my wallet to flatten, then they go in a nub box, finally a huge collage that I am building.
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    I think I'm the only person that doesn't collect them. I meant to start trying to save them but they always just seem to end up in the trash :0/
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    just the other day my wife bought home an old glass lamp from hre grandmom.we couldnt figure out what to do with it .i looked at it and realized i could open it up and display my bands inside the hollow glass body of the lamp.once i figure out how to post pics i will
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    twistedstem:
    just the other day my wife bought home an old glass lamp from hre grandmom.we couldnt figure out what to do with it .i looked at it and realized i could open it up and display my bands inside the hollow glass body of the lamp.once i figure out how to post pics i will
    Awesome I look forward to seeing it.
  • nickiamnickiam Posts: 608 ✭✭
    i have a gallon size pickle jar that i put them in. Once its full im going to make a couple framed pictures.
  • musicman3musicman3 Posts: 622
    Mine are currently in a small box waiting for a idea to pop in my head.
  • bionicjeffbionicjeff Posts: 15
    Exactly. I'm going to do some something with them. I'm just waiting for that something to hit me.