Home Cigar 101

Transporting sticks

deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
OK, I am moving 1/2 way across the USA in a couple weeks. I am worried about moving my sticks more than anything else that we are packing...lol... dont tell my wife. I do not have a huge collection as I been smoking them down so not having so many to move (down to around 20-30 sticks), so its not like most of your collections.

Does anyone have any ideas on the best way?

I only use a cooler, so that is what they would be transported in.

Comments

• bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it were me and I didn't have any other type of protection for them (i.e. Herf-a-dor, etc) I would put them in gallon storage bag (with or w/o a humi pack, depending on travel time)and put them in a small box wrapped in clothes. Just remember what box they are in. Or if you already have a place you are going to, mail them to yourself there. 20 - 30 sticks should be under $10.00 to send.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cooler and humi packs. Cooler will protect them, keep them cool and have them available for you.
    A nice size cooler is available at Walmart for less than $20
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • nickiamnickiam Posts: 608 ✭✭
    I recently PCS'd from Texas to Washigton state. I just kept mine in my humidor and kept the A/C on, and kept them out of the sun while they were in the car. When i stopped for the night i just took my humidor inside with me. I did this with a 100ct humidor and it wasnt an inconvienience.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    How long is the trip/move? If it's just a 24 hours move then I wouldn't worry at all. Mainly I would suggest the more time they spend moving, the more time you'd want them to sit awhile to let them settle back in.

If it's going to be in storage for some time I would then just keep a small cooler with beads for the time being. But I wouldn't worry too much for if you think about it, they get sent from Cigar.com in a bag with water pillows and their shipping can take a few days and they don't get ruined at all.
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    thanks guys, I will just keep them in the cooler and keep them in the vehicle with me, it should only be two days. Time to worry about 50000000 other things now...
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like your covered. Just don't leave them in the car to long in the hot sun while parked. Even in a cooler I think they'd warm up without a cold pack in it.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just put the humidors in my car for the trip from Ithaca, NY to Tarboro, NC. If you have to stay in a motel during the journey, just bring them in at night. They should be fine for the trip.